Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WC1 V2 complete

• 63 Replies

whitecrow1

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
WC1 V2 complete
« on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:52 AM »
here is my version 2 thread...i will start you off with just a sneak preview to give you a taste of things to come  ;)

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: WC1 V2 complete
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:53 AM »
your no fun! i want a cookie for looking at this! :P

Teren Clan
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2010, 01:15 AM »
your no fun! i want a cookie for looking at this! :P

Yeah what he said lol.  :P  Nice set though!

whitecrow1

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2010, 02:28 AM »
here are a couple more to get you antsy people off my back lol...now let me edit some of the good ones xD

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2010, 05:08 AM »
you're armour is looking better everytime i see it ner vod  ;)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:23 AM »
Yep, that's looking really snazzy.  This is a 100% win upgrade. =)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Kandosii ner vod! this really turned out great.
One Question though... shoulder armor?

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:03 AM »
I really like this armor.  It looks "right" and very in universe.

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:09 AM »
This is going to sound weird... but that cod piece is sick!  ;D

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Very cool shots; the attention you put into the soft parts of this costume really works wonderfully. :)

~

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Looks fantastic! The soft parts are awesomeand yes, the cod armor looks great. You need shoulders to comply with CRL's though... get on some!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2010, 02:15 PM »
This is incredibly awesome.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2010, 04:49 PM »
yknow, I really like the 'lite' look of this kit. it looks like you're a splinter cell/covert ops Mando who sneaks in behind enemy lines. awesome

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2010, 05:05 PM »
are thsoe sintra or metal plates? they look sintra to me...

Teren Clan

Jarus Cro

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own!!!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Wow ner'vod, I'm really diggin' your kit.  I gotta ask, where did you get most of your soft gear?  I've been looking for alot of similar pieces, but it looks like you got there before me!  Seriously nice gear!!!

"Guns run out of ammo, and then all you got is an elaborate little piece of junk that don't kill nothing.  Knives on the other hand never run outta ways to kill.  Remember, a knife always cuts.  Always."  -Jarus Cro-
 MAJIC 007
 MERC 0535

Dha'ward Firaxan

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Wow! Thats one amazing kit! kinda was what i tried to capture with my first kit but you nailed it! Thumbs up ner vod!

Mandalorian Mercs - Firaxan Clan

whitecrow1

« Reply #16 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:12 PM »
...shoulder armor... if this doesnt qualify then i may have to have a serious conversation with some people lol

http://whitecrowproductions.net/pictures/v2_shoot02_028.jpg

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010, 10:38 PM by whitecrow1 » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:48 PM »
...shoulder armor... if this doesnt qualify then i may have to have a serious conversation with some people lol

http://whitecrowproductions.net/pictures/v2_shoot02_028.jpg

The kits itself is stellar but, you have to have shoulder armor. On my first version of my current kit and with the first upgrade or two, I had no shoulder armor, just a pauldron covering one shoulder. Wasn't good enough. Had to upgrade to shoulder armor.

whitecrow1

« Reply #18 on: Jul 20, 2010, 11:22 PM »
well so begins the long protest...it just kills me that we still dont have some sort of over-ruling on this approval team. you are all going by what is written in a standard set of rules. if the participant's kit meets and exceeds visual and quality standards while having to sacrifice just one little thing you guys should be able to throw an over-rule on it. we are all fictional characters and being the style my character, you would only be hurting a strong combatant  by taking away his ability to move freely. if you think of it in that sense, requirements for such little armor accessories (that dont even do much protecting anyways) would be completely thrown out the window. but back to the real world.

my design is a revolution in male mandalorian armor...i did not half-@$$ anything in designing or building this kit. i guarantee that i will not be the only person dressed like this in the next year or so. i have already been helping others in accomplishing this design. kits that have actual mobility and tactical functionality is my goal here. if i wasnt so scared of doing it i could easily do a back flip while wearing this. this may just sound like a rant out of neglect but its not and if i wasnt so serious about what i have brought into this club, you would see the typical shoulder bells on me and probably other things that restrict free range of movement. i learned from last year's kit that just because it looks like something they showed in the movie does not mean thats how it ALL should be done because 99% of the people on here could agree that if you cant move (no matter how much armor you have) you are dead in combat.

i will not change my design for something that will have a bad long term effect on me or my character...even if it requires me losing my official member status.  i dont mean to start any kind of uprising if thats what some of you are thinking, but i am dedicated to upping the quality standards and that one little thing just happens to be one of my quality control focuses...i was already pushing my own bar with the girth belt so dont think im not making any sacrifices to stick with standard cannon designs lol.

Dar'manda

« Reply #19 on: Jul 20, 2010, 11:41 PM »
i think it's more of a "can't say okay to one because then you have to explain why to all the others that try and fail" philosophy.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

whitecrow1

« Reply #20 on: Jul 20, 2010, 11:54 PM »
well me being turned down for it is like everybody else being turned down for it if mine was accepted... and the thing is that there is armor there...even if i its not hard shell, so i have not yet broken any approval rules, only used a loophole to bend them for the better of physical design. aden clearly stated that he did not have shoulder armor and i can see where that is a problem, but the fact is i DO have armor there...even if its not rock hard and keeps my arms from being able to go up all the way. mine are made out of cordura and leather with padded lining. these are considered actual soft armor and not just a piece of cloth put up there for looks.

if we are turning down something that does its job as actual soft armor, then why oh WHY are we accepting loin cloths and as armor on a vital part of the male body? i think just from that my point is clear

Dar'manda

« Reply #21 on: Jul 21, 2010, 12:00 AM »
if we are turning down something that does its job as actual soft armor, then why oh WHY are we accepting loin cloths and as armor on a vital part of the male body? i think just from that my point is clear

that's actually a very very good point though
a loincloth is soft, and it does the job

is there any way to make the soft pads more prominent?

whitecrow1

« Reply #22 on: Jul 21, 2010, 12:12 AM »
thats why im helping people out with my cod even...to eliminate the need for loincloths. it IS possible to have comfort down there i realized lol. i do know there is a way to have full functionality in the shoulders while having hard design, but until that is possible, this design IS enough to qualify as shoulder armor. im pretty sure that even with hard armor i would have it UNDER the soft armor because my shoulders are actually modular xD

« Reply #23 on: Jul 21, 2010, 01:32 AM »
I really like this kit!  :) What are the plates made out of? Where can I get the soft parts at? This kit looks really comfortable

whitecrow1

« Reply #24 on: Jul 21, 2010, 01:46 AM »
a good majority of the soft parts were made...there are a couple things like the pants that i just happened to be lucky to find lol

the plates are 3mm sintra lined with fiberglass

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!