Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kelan Ord Mandalorian Protector [hopefully]

• 104 Replies

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Kelan Ord Mandalorian Protector [hopefully]
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Took the plates for a little "road test" (meaning walking around in my living room, and shooting pics in the mirror)...

I bought some beige/tan canvas the other day, I'll make another cape and use some snap buttons to fasten it, that I'll be able  to keep the white one and switch between the two when I want...!! Should work on that this Saturday... (I really miss my girlfriend who's on vacation with her family, but MAN does it give time to build and work on my stuff!!!)

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Man,this is looking Great vod, you are setting the bar high my friend!! Any new progress??

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Man,this is looking Great vod, you are setting the bar high my friend!! Any new progress??

Tiny bit of progress... Made a new half cape (sort of a khaki color) still have to weather it... It has snap buttons, which I also put on my white cape, so I can switch between the two...! Made few mods on the vest (nothing really apparent). Started working on my Boba thog... Yay (not)...!

And had a bit of a set back too... I need to re-shape the top of my back plate. It pulls away from my upper shoulder/neck... Not that bad, only thing is I already "glued" the velcro in there... I guess I'm gonna have to remove it... That thing is pretty expensive... Ugh... *sigh

Should have some pics tomorrow night...!!

Uneek Top'El

« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:54 PM »
if not for set backs and retrys our kits would be boring builds  :laugh: good luck vod !!

Uneek Top'El

« Reply #29 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Could you tell me the dimensions of your cape please, making one tonight , and i want it to be right the first time !! Thanks vod !!  8)

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #30 on: Feb 18, 2013, 11:54 PM »
Dang... Wish I would've seen this when I was at the shop... I can't tell you exactly but it's something like 34"X46"... Not sure tho... Sorry.

I worked on some upgrades tonight, I have a photo shoot Thursday (hopefully)... Here's what I worked on.

Some shackles, I figured a bounty hunter should have some of those... They're made out of ABS, they have a hinge on each shackle and the "locking" mechanism is simply a magnet. Slapped a 3' length of plastic chain on there and voilà!!

Also I finished my other verpine rifle... I present to you, OL' RUSTY...!!

And I couldn't resist...

Can't wait to get some proper pics on Thursday!!

Thanks for looking!!

Uneek Top'El

« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Amazing work as Always Vod, no problem on the cape details vod, when ya get a chance  8)

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #32 on: Feb 19, 2013, 11:19 PM »
I look forward to seeing the pics! Makes me want to do a MP... Must resist urges... Don't have time to start another costume right now... ARGH...

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:18 AM »
Amazing work as Always Vod, no problem on the cape details vod, when ya get a chance  8)

I'll try and take some measurements on Thursday!!!

I look forward to seeing the pics! Makes me want to do a MP... Must resist urges... Don't have time to start another costume right now... ARGH...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. EXACTLY.

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #34 on: Jul 03, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Great set!

I'm trying to also just a protector (I do not speak English, so I use a translator. Translated Is that right?)

What are your experiences with the TK-409 LED Display Chest? I think about that also built into my Gam

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #35 on: Jul 03, 2013, 10:15 AM »
Great set!

I'm trying to also just a protector (I do not speak English, so I use a translator. Translated Is that right?)

What are your experiences with the TK-409 LED Display Chest? I think about that also built into my Gam

Thank you sir!

The TK409 chest display is easy to make. The most "difficult" thing is finding a good lighting system. I found one at the dollar store but it did not work well. So, for now, I don't even have lights, Just the display. Looks good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vielen Dank, Sir!

Die TK409 Brust Display ist leicht zu machen. Die meisten "schwierigen" Sache ist das Finden einer guten Beleuchtung. Ich fand eine bei der Shop-Dollar, aber es hat nicht gut funktioniert. So, jetzt, weiß ich noch nicht einmal Licht, einfach das Display. Sieht gut aus.

I have no idea if this is translated properly but I thought I should try it anyway!

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #36 on: Jul 04, 2013, 01:49 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply!

Your German is almost perfect :-)

Ok, I will try that. I have a bike light with 5 LEDs. But I think the flashing interval too fast ...  :-[

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #37 on: Jul 04, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply!

Your German is almost perfect :-)

Ok, I will try that. I have a bike light with 5 LEDs. But I think the flashing interval too fast ...  :-[

No problem!

Haha! Thank Google translate for that!!  :P

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #38 on: Jul 04, 2013, 09:49 AM »
I used a fettronics chest display for mine and it's awesome. You can get it in different colors (Though for this the standard red would be what you want) and various displays from canon (ESB, RoTJ, or SE) to custom. And they have a programable one as well so you can change it up if you want.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #39 on: Sep 25, 2013, 08:36 AM »
*cough cough... Dusting this thread off...

Okay guys, I'm getting closer.

Here's what I got so far:

- Armor (light config. - olive green): check
- Vest (white): check
- Flight suit (light grey): check
- Boba boots WITH toe spikes: check
- Spats (light grey): check
- Bucket: check
- Boba thong: check
- Half cape (beige or white): check
- Ammo belt (brown): check
- Girth belt (brownish red): check
- Shin tools (custom): check

Still to come

- Patches on back of gloves
- Jet pack
(I've got this bad boy coming my way!!!!!)

I think this covers it. Anybody sees anything missing?

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #40 on: Sep 25, 2013, 04:33 PM »
How did you score that awesome jetpack!   :o 8)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #41 on: Sep 25, 2013, 04:45 PM »
J'ai hâte de voir cela.

Can't wait to see it!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #42 on: Sep 25, 2013, 04:55 PM »
How did you score that awesome jetpack!   :o 8)

Saw the guy's jet pack on Facebook, then on the supply depot... My birthday being in 2 weeks and since I have the best girlfriend in the world... Well here you go!! Got myself a back pack... And it's got jets!!!

J'ai hâte de voir cela.

Can't wait to see it!

Tu vas voir bientôt!!!  :D

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #43 on: Sep 25, 2013, 05:01 PM »
Tu vas voir bientôt!!!  :D

Génial!  8)

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #44 on: Sep 25, 2013, 10:11 PM »
This is gonna be a sweet looking kit.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #45 on: Sep 25, 2013, 10:15 PM »
I saw your reply to his sale, glad you got it, gonna be niccccccce   8)

Looks like you'll make MP well ahead of me  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2013, 10:36 PM by Tact Kor » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #46 on: Sep 25, 2013, 11:07 PM »
Sweeeeeet.... 8)  you have an awesome kit, cant wait to see it officially a protector  ;D

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #47 on: Oct 08, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Well, had some problems with the money order I sent to Hunter for the jet pack... I really hope we can sort things out so I can have my sweet sheb jet pack as soon as possible!!!

Also, I was wondering... I haven't seen anything stating that I can't but I wanted to ask around first. I guess Roki would be the best person to answer... Would it be all right if I added some designs over parts of my armor. I was thinking something inspired by the Maori tattoos on my left chest piece and left shoulder... Never seen it on a MP, but then again... Haven't seen a lot of MP's around!  ;)

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #48 on: Oct 08, 2013, 11:28 AM »
I'd go with no.

Unless you did it very subtly, so for example a sliiiightly lighter shade of green than the base plates.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #49 on: Oct 08, 2013, 11:55 AM »
I'd go with no.

Unless you did it very subtly, so for example a sliiiightly lighter shade of green than the base plates.

Dude... What do you think... Do think I'm a noob...?!? Hahaha!

Nah but seriously I forgot to mention that I wanted to do it pretty subtle, but a darker shade of green...!

Thanks for the input Point!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!