Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vor'en Kelborn Weapon Master

• 145 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din - Family is more than Blood
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Vor'en Kelborn Weapon Master
« on: May 17, 2015, 04:39 AM »
After completing my Super commando I kinda got the taste for more intricate paint working, so for Ashen 2.0 I plan on using Maul's brother as a colour and pattern scheme influence.
From the moment I saw the BRL to pistoleer I wanted to do it, Ashen 1.0 was pretty much there with his twin pistols etc but I wanted to try something new with it.
So when duel brigades options became accessible and I'd already committed to wanting to do a Savage influenced paint job, why not go for weapon master as well to take on Jetti at cons  ;)
So after a feverish inspired night I've come up with this concept:

The idea is 2 stages, first build a Pistoleer and then upgrade to accommodate the Weapon master

Reference pictures

So I set to work with the capable assistance of Rang Kermir to make new plates

The pattern may get adjusted to be closer to Savage in time, these are initial concepts.

The idea is a softer more manoeuvrable  armour for lower half that will allow to sit and more fluid movement :o
Which is not something Ashen 1.0 is able to do easily

Karma will conceal the holsters for a surprise reveal and use, there will also be knee plates much like the original Ashen's but with knee darts

Hope you like my concept and comments/constructive criticism welcome  ;D     

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2016, 07:17 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Ashen 2.0 Servant of Savage Opress
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 04:57 PM »
Ohhhh ...  :o  I'm going to Enjoy this ! !

More please ! !  :P :P

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:53 PM »
Ohhhh ...  :o  I'm going to Enjoy this ! !

More please ! !  :P :P

As you asked so nicely  ;D
Collar put together

Collar with plates

Pistoleer sized shoulder plate in progress

Enjoy ;)

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 07:27 PM »
Love that the plates are custom but still very Mando.

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 08:12 PM »
Love that the plates are custom but still very Mando.

;)  My thoughts Exactly  .... Very cool Ner'vod ...  8)

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 04:11 AM »
Posting for updates, looking awesome vod.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Boba and Jango
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 05:30 AM »
You are a machine Colin... looking very awesome already ;)

Where do you get your sintra btw?

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 06:12 AM »
Sintra from local sign makes like every good merc does.
Saves on postage as it's collection only  ;)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:04 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Boba and Jango
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 04:26 AM »
Could you get me a sheet next time you stock up (no hurry) times I have tried online, I always end up with the wrong stuff and could do with finishing off my next costume...

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 06:30 AM »
PM inbound  ;)

K'iim Tal

• Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 12:05 PM »
Looks awesome, can't wait to see the end result :D

"Better one big enemy that you can see, than many small ones you can't!"

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 12:46 PM »
I really like that collar design. Are you going to have more details like that elsewhere on the armor?

I'l have details like personal logo, kill stripes and other such, but I'm trying to minimise the yellow so I don't look like a giant wasp :laugh:

Smaller intricate detail like in the center I'm not sure as the kit progresses I'll look into finding where I can put details

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:48 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 09:48 PM »
It's... It's beautiful...  :laugh: Looking forward to future updates, vod!

Ashen Kelborn

Re: Ashen Kelborn Servant of Savage Opress
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37 AM »
Upper section of the back plate almost done, just minor indents to fill and smooth (sanding, filling repeat  :rolleyes:), lower ones will just be just plain  chevron looking till I add paint

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Ashen Kelborn Master of Weapons
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 06:07 AM »
You missed a bit ;) :P

Love the shapes you've got on the backplate and collar.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Idea refinement, sorry about pictures, it was late when I finalised them

Pistoleer equipment, knife will have to shorter

The BRL Merge of Pistoleer and Weapon Master

Pistoleer/Shootist:

Armor:
Light-Medium armor (standard load).
Helmet must have RF (fast/multiple targeting).
Back plate (keeps the rats from shooting you in the back)
Standard or low-profile gauntlets.
Cod plate

Weapon(s):
Dual-pistols in specific combination(one heavy, one light or matched set) within easy reach of both hands. (No ankle holsters)
Throwing knife (2 maximum, must be throwing-specific, no longer than 8 inches max, must be sheathed/concealed but easily pulled).
1 (maximum) small explosive (Can be any in-universe grenade.  Thermal Detonator, Flash-Bang, Fragmentation, Stun or Ion Grenade preferred).

Soft goods:
Belts/holsters/pouches/sheaths of leather or faux leather ONLY.
Sash may be worn in lieu of girth belt. (Must be high-quality fabric, 5-6 inches wide with enough length to be wrapped twice around the waist, tied at the side, with 15-18 inches hanging freely from both ends.)
Only Belt, low-slung, shoulder, and cross-draw holster rigs allowed.
Minor holster/belt "bling" (for swagger, can be metallic buckles or conchos)
Poncho, trenchvest, or kama

Accessories:
Reload power pack (2 maximum, must be openly visible, must match gun to seem "usable")
Pistol maintenance/cleaning pouch (wiping cloth, mock oilier, mock precision tools tools contained inside)

Optional Accessories
Jetpack/Jet Boots
Remote Droid (for target practice/marksman training)
Droid caller (if Remote droid is used)
Bandolier/Bandolero

WeaponsMaster BRL

Must have a sleek look, no excessive protrusions such as antenna, flamethrower housings, comm equipment, and rebreathers. RF are fine due to the iconic look of them. Weapons platform gauntlets are ok as long as they are not too bulky.  Keep in mind that you will be dramaticly posing with said melee weapons so mobility is a must.

By this part I will have a Pre Viszla helmet and have been told that head cannons are very weapon master EG: shooting opponent to soften them up or put off guard ;D

Chosen weapon will not require special types of armor.  But when picking your weapon.. please keep the armor in mind.  A Swordsman wont need the same armor pieces as  someone with a polearm, etc etc.

Minimum Required Arm Armor - Pick 1 for both arms or 2 on 1 arm.   
Elbow armor
Bicep armor
Heavily Reinforced Gauntlets
Larger shoulder bells - if you go this route, make sure they're really beefed up.
Hand armor is highly recommended.

* CAN do more if you so chose, but if you're going for the asymetrical look, make sure to keep it off balance, and dont stray into Heavy Assault territory :-p

Highly Suggested extra armor:
Neck armor
Decap collar
Heel plate
Toe plate (not to be confused with boot plate)
Flank armor

Weapons requirement:
Not too sure what to have yet suggestions would be good to keep with the feel of Savage if possible
In universe melee weapon. The weapon you pick is probably the most important decision of this Profession.  It must be EXTREMELY well made, and we as a team will be paying very close attention to the time, effort put into the weapons as well as the overall quality.  You're a Weapons Master, your weapon is a prized possession as well as an extension of your will.  Keep that in mind when going for this Profession.  The list below is just examples, and you're not limited to them specifically.

Swords -beskar, vibro, primitive blade, cortosis blade, ryyk blade

Polearms- vibro staff, spear, static pike, force pike

Blunt Weapons- gaderffi, electro staff, quarterstaff

Cultural and Ethnic Weapons- Gaffi stick, darkblade, amphi-staves, lavnarok

Secondary weapons such as combat knives are allowed, but only if you have a main melee weapon. Throwing weapons are allowed, but count as combat-knives etc. unless they are a major kit component, such as a lavnarok.

Weaponmasters must also carry at least 1 ranged weapon. The weapon must have, or be of a size that fits in a holster

As always, advice welcome, please do comment

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:34 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

K'iim Tal

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Dayum son... Your kit just gets better and better  :o

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Really love the shape of the dagger. Can't wait to see more of the kit

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 01:21 AM »
To keep with the feel of Savage, you want a big twirly stick. So I would go with the quarterstaff if it were my choice. You could even paint the tips red as an homage to his saber.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Today a fair bit of actual progress, paint come in and that makes a happy Ashen as this is the bit I love doing
This time I'm going for a heavy desert combat feel, slices, shots and rolling around in the dirt, hoping its shown right.

Front plates

Weathering close up

Back plates

Weathering close up

I can't wait for the lid to show up  ;D

ConDar Ward

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Looking great Mate ! ! !  8)

K'iim Tal

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Wow

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Wow

Agreed. Love the weathering!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 05:01 PM »
Looks like you went through an osik-storm, vod... I like it! :o 8)

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Wasp-mando!  :P

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!