Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Havelock's upgrades

• 891 Replies

Verco Nuhla

• Proud Proprietor of the Rusty Kyr'bes
Re: Havelock's first kit (and 3rd ad'ika) WIP
« Reply #625 on: Nov 28, 2016, 10:29 PM »
Saying a prayer for you and your family, Havelock. If there's anyone who has the heart and iron will of a Mando'ad, it's you- you've proven that time and time again. Can't wait to see your kit finished, lord knows you deserve a win.

Amazing work so far, vod. Keep on pluggin' away, and keep lookin' forward, because you've got all of us at your back. Oya, vod.

"Hastaale bat norac n'ijaat be kad'verde."
"Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame."

Character Story, Vol. 1- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110135.0
Character Story, Vol. 2 (ACTIVE)- https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=150675.0
Writers Bloc #014

Da'am Keldau

• Beskar Gett'se Clan - Montana
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #626 on: Nov 29, 2016, 12:19 AM »
Havelock! Vod! It's great to see some progress, and a lot of it at that! I'm sorry you're hitting problem after problem, I know how that goes.

Sending good vibes to you and yours. I'm excited to see progress!

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #627 on: Nov 29, 2016, 04:21 AM »
missed you bud. ;) and heeeey... you got your face WOOHOOOOOO lol.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #628 on: Nov 29, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Su'cuy gar, vod!!!

Been too long, glad to see you back at it!

Sorry to hear of all the osik you and your family have gone through; I'm in a similar boat.  Awesome progress, and I am digging that color scheme.

Best of luck!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #629 on: Nov 29, 2016, 10:07 AM »
Thank you, vode.  I appreciate the welcome backs, and thanks for the prayers, Verco. 

It's sooo good to be back on the boards, and to have some real, actual, not-just-minor progress to share. 

That's a good point, Jett...looks like I'll be needing to take a new profile pic, soon.  hehe

Da'am, if there's anything I can do to help, even if it's just an ear to listen to venting, let me know.

And I saw that you've been writing more stories, Straka.  Can't wait to check them out.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Naakoya Naast

• "Breathe deep, seek peace."
« Reply #630 on: Nov 29, 2016, 11:31 AM »
So glad to see your progress vod, despite everything life is throwing at you. If there's anything we can do for you, just ask!

MMCC #1254

Profile pic by Rookie Roads Photography

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #631 on: Nov 29, 2016, 03:21 PM »
Thanks, vod.  I'm feeling pretty good about being able to knock so much of this out.

So I'm updating much sooner than I expected.  Enjoy the photos.

Ran out of primer.  (Rustoleum Satin Nickle Paint/Primer.  Awesome stuff!) *sigh*

More progress to follow soon.  (I hope.)

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017, 02:25 PM by Havelock » Logged
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #632 on: Nov 29, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Vod! Glad to see you're back on track! Glad to hear things are going better. Everything is looking good so far!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #633 on: Nov 29, 2016, 09:45 PM »
Looking fantastic vod! Looks like its about time to cut the wife some slack and learn to sew ;)

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #634 on: Nov 30, 2016, 12:10 AM »
It's good to learn new skills. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

« Reply #635 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:19 PM »
I have no issues with learning to sew.  I've mentioned to her before that I'd like her to teach me. But she always makes it seem that making my flak vest is something she really wants to do.  So I'm trying not to press her either way.  Just hoping she'll get in their and knock it out sometime.  Soon.  heh

In the meantime, with my car being broken and no longer driveable, and no stores selling paint in a reasonable walking distance, and being in a new town not really knowing anyone, I can't finish putting primer on my shins.

*overhead camera shot.  Camera pans back and back and back.  Havelock, arms wide, fists pointed at the sky, face looking to the heavens, screams, "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!"   :laugh:*

I will, however, figure out a way to get some more primer soon.  I will not let a little thing like lack of easy mobility bring a halt to my progress on my kit.  And maybe I can talk my wife into teaching me to sew.  heh

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #636 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Havelock!!! So glad you're back!

You're progress is looking great :) keep up the work buddy!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Havelock

« Reply #637 on: Dec 02, 2016, 01:43 AM »
Thanks, Kryamla.  It feels amazing to be accomplishing so much.  Finally.  heh  And I got a little more done tonight. 

Just have to finish shaping the back plate and put together my gauntlets.  Then finish painting, and hopefully my wife will get my flak vest done soon.  Finish my bucket, and I'll be ready for pre-app, I think.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017, 02:29 PM by Havelock » Logged

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #638 on: Dec 02, 2016, 08:57 AM »
Thanks, Kryamla.  It feels amazing to be accomplishing so much.  Finally.  heh  And I got a little more done tonight. 

Just have to finish shaping the back plate and put together my gauntlets.  Then finish painting, and hopefully my wife will get my flak vest done soon.  Finish my bucket, and I'll be ready for pre-app, I think.

Looking good Vod!  Any idea for a blackwash/carbon dusting to give your armour a slight weathered look instead of fresh scrapes?

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 88
mandalorianarmour.org

Havelock

« Reply #639 on: Dec 02, 2016, 11:48 AM »
My wife put together a mix of black and brown acrylic paint and water.  It made my Westars look all greasy and dirty.  *blinks*  Now I just have to find it.

dee

« Reply #640 on: Dec 02, 2016, 07:07 PM »

I had to come check out you kit build mate, it look's great by the way.  8)

posting this so I can follow the rest to.

Dee

« Reply #641 on: Dec 02, 2016, 07:11 PM »
Looking good vod 👍🏻
As others have said, good to see you back on the boards

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2016, 07:41 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #642 on: Dec 02, 2016, 11:06 PM »
Looking good vod!

Havelock

« Reply #643 on: Dec 04, 2016, 12:04 AM »
I really appreciate the thumbs up, vode.

Another small update:

Gauntlets:

And, I had a little spare time, and a tiny bit of my bronze paint left, so I went ahead and shaped, primed, and painted my decapitation protection:

crutchthecrusher

• Enjoy today there is no promise of tomorrow
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #644 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Looking really good cant wait to see you trooping

Ericr Huric
MMCC: 1193 
Starviper Clan.                                                            wip armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90153.0
Wip weapons http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93781.msg1369941#msg1369941
Wip Helmet http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96098.0

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #645 on: Dec 04, 2016, 06:19 PM »
And more progress is awesome!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Itolia Ulik'vhett

• Meh ni eyayti, ke'viini sosolyc
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #646 on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:56 PM »
Good to have you back!

You have "chicken pox" weathering on your upper body... lots of really round dings/chips.

OM #1140
M.V.S. #16
M.A.R.S. #9
Oribru Akaata #14

Havelock

« Reply #647 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:48 AM »
Yep.  Lots of shrapnel hits.  Havelock likes to ride out thermal det explosions in his armor.  heh

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #648 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Might want to take some sandpaper and make them a little less round

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #649 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:53 AM »
Might want to take some sandpaper and make them a little less round
And a LOT of carbon scoring (aka blackwash)!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!