Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)

• 629 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)
« Reply #625 on: Apr 12, 2013, 05:56 AM »
The keypad might need a bit more blackwash or accent some of the buttons maybe..gauntlets often look better once weathered if theres more than one coour on them.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #626 on: Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 AM »
That all looks great! I like to think that he cleans up the keypad after each mission to guarantee that the buttons work next time.  ;)

And it's alright that the gauntlets might look like they belong to boba, as long as the rest of you doesn't.  :P

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #627 on: Apr 12, 2013, 01:28 PM »
Looking cool bud ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #628 on: Apr 13, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Thanks everyone. I might be getting pre-app pics up this weekend if I can sort out my back plate. There's still some small fixes on my helmet. Painting my knees, attaching everything cause liquid stitch was a rip off and of course the dreaded backplate.

Yeah, I figured if you're always poking at the keypad with gloved hands you'll manage to wipe of most of the dirt in that process.  I still want to add some details to the gaunts in a second color, maybe white to go along with the ear cap details on my helmet.

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Karvas' WIP (Bucket! Woo!)
« Reply #629 on: Jan 04, 2014, 12:37 PM »

Andddd here's what I did to my bucket! Added kill stripes, still need to weather them. Don't know if I'll do designs and whatnot on the front, opinions?

OH and here's a new shot of the re-weathered helmet! Blackwashed the visor area abit more and brightened the silver!

And this brothers and sisters is how to weather a bucket!!!! So good!!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!