Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Weeeeee....on my way, slowly

• 245 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Weeeeee....on my way, slowly
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2016, 02:11 AM »
Oya vod. Can't wait to see the rest of your kit!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Oya vod. Can't wait to see the rest of your kit!
Yeah me too vod. I've been slack lately,sort of wasted weekend. Didn't sleep for 26 hrs, got 3 hrs sleep then another long stretch without sleep. I did get to the city, saw jungle book at movies......I thought I was going to sleep in it I've got rope for girth let, need to concentrate on collecting the next bits, same as some material for my cape/Kama. This week hopefully I'll get gauntlets and EE-3 from Aprilstormprops. I've got ideas for modding the EE-3, just need to see it
With the gauntlets I'd like to go mismatched colours and ESB or preproduction inspired, not sure on the colours though. Maybe one orange, other green. Yellow is a nice colour too
The bucket still needs finishing, I'd like to go hollow RF and some lights, and a screen.....just need to research more.
I plan on adding a big scrape on back panel of helmet as well
This week hopefully I find some tee nuts, while I'm there I might source a welders mask
The ears still need work as well.....the tee nuts may get used again to secure
I've been delaying abit due to being slack but also thinking of what I'd really like to do
Stay tuned

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:44 AM by brett » Logged
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2016, 08:48 PM »
Went to the local hardware shop today looking for tee nuts....nothing, there's still another big hardware shop to check out. I did buy some square nuts and some bolts, I choose square over hexagon as it'll have a bigger base to glue. I was thinking of getting some plastic nuts, thinking the glue may bond better but they were too expensive for what was there, nearly $20 for about 8

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2016, 08:52 PM »
Hmmm.  Home Depot, at least here, had everything I needed, but I'm just now realizing I have no idea where you are so it would be in poor taste of me to assume you have a mega hardware store just around the corner!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2016, 08:58 PM »
I live in Australia, in ballarat Victoria ( Melbourne is the states capital) , we do have big hardware chains. One is Bunnings which has tee nuts on there website, but my local one didn't have them. There is another big hardware chain to check out, I might check it out tomorrow
I spose I could get a guy at work to weld some washers to nuts

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2016, 11:10 PM »
Other than you telling me you were from oz Brett I knew you weren't from the states by your delightful way of describing going to town. It's awesome! Keep being you!

QMU#084
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27 PM »
Other than you telling me you were from oz Brett I knew you weren't from the states by your delightful way of describing going to town. It's awesome! Keep being you!

Thanks mate, I'm not really sure what part you mean though, is it just the wording?

Bowfanny

« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2016, 11:36 PM »
It's your general Coloquializms and speach patterns. It's fantastic really.

QMU#084
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2016, 11:45 PM »
Thanks mate, i couldn't tell

« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2016, 10:30 PM »
No update on the tee nuts, I haven't checked out the othe hardware joint yet, I got a sleep in today thank frig. Been hardly sleeping lately and been rooted. Had an idea with attaching visor though. Was thinking of including some rubber or similar material to a wetsuit to be sandwiched between visor and helmet. May help eliminate some small gaps
If I can't get tee nuts locally I may order online..... Or find a small bolt with large diameter head and glue that to mandible then attach nuts. File/ smooth the ends to protect my mug, it'll be right. Good as gold......maybe

Bowfanny

« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2016, 01:57 AM »
Your hardware store got screw posts or sex screws? They're the equivalent of Chicago screws here in the states.

QMU#084
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2016, 06:34 PM »
No idea mate, I'll go check the joint out, from memory the place I went to the other day didn't have them, I'll check the other joint out this morning
Thanks for suggestion vod

« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43 PM »
I went into the other hardware shop, no luck there either. Their range was pretty impressive. I reckon I may go back for supplies once I get some other things. Looked like they had some cool stuff that I can use for darts, launchers and other stuff?
I'll probably order some tee nuts online. Neither shop had anything that resembled tee nuts or Chicago screws......unless I was looking in the wrong spot

Scratch the above, I found them only because I was getting Velcro tape, out of the corner of my eye I noticed the brand name and grabbed a few packs
Next to do is locate a visor, get some rubber which I might use as sort of a seal, make a template to help line up tee nut and the bolt
Had a thought today.....if I couldn't find tnuts I was thinking of trying snaps....be bit fiddly though

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:49 PM by brett » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2016, 03:16 AM »
Snaps would be an interesting way of doing it. It's hard to say what the hardware shops in Oz might have that's different than over here in the us. Our tee nuts are in the little box buns for individual sales. Glad you found something though!

QMU#084
« Reply #189 on: Jun 02, 2016, 06:29 AM »
Nothing new to report, haven't done anymore painting or anything
Just got new bucket though.....maybe one of many to collect, and plan

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #190 on: Jun 02, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Aaaaaaw man, I'm so jealous right now! lol, that is a sweet helmet you've got there man. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

« Reply #191 on: Jul 08, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Gday vod, no updates at this stage, getting organised  then I'll get bucket finished, been busy with stuff in life
I'll get visor installed using the tee nuts and use the same method as suggested by mi'ix.
I'll repaint the ears, install RF stalk. I want to redo the back as I think it looks......osik
When more organised I'm thinking about offering a paint service if anyone's interested, have to get more pics of paint jobs up I think though
I'll post more soon, may even pose in my new jumpsuit
Have to resist attacking the executioner bucket too.......have some other plan for that thing, maybe beast hunter or tamer themed

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016, 08:00 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #192 on: Jul 08, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Glad t hear you will be back at it! I'm looking forward to seeing more updates in this thread!  ;)  8)

« Reply #193 on: Jul 12, 2016, 09:51 AM »
I'll try to get onto painting something this week, weather has been osik, snowed today, lots of water laying around, it was that windy over the weekend I saw my cat hanging onto the verandah post, and his body was horizontal
Not best weather to paint in......I did rescue my friend though

I think finishing this may take a bit of a back seat, I need to install a visor and attach the ears, I've got ideas that I can't do at this stage, I want to redo the back paint job.....have plans for physical damage as well as a bit of something else I need to be allowed to do
 Some ideas involve electronics, like LEDs, second for RF and also part of range finder working.....think I'm in fantasy land there.....but......it's good here
I'm more in collect bits and pieces mode, sort through ideas than paint at this stage
I need to locate a dark visor and sort out padding or other way to secure to my head

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2016, 02:14 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #194 on: Aug 02, 2016, 05:02 AM »
Gday all, small update, today I thought I'll go over bucket adding some 3D damage, just some small bits
I need to finish the back, I've got some ideas of what I want....more damage, a good Ol' big bit
Also have another idea but  I need an OK from the brigade marshals before I can go ahead there

This is the start of the next bit

Vhett Naast

« Reply #195 on: Aug 02, 2016, 11:53 AM »
Looking good man, glad to see you hitting the build again. Brigade marshall clearance huh? this sounds good.. 8)

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #196 on: Aug 02, 2016, 01:58 PM »
If you can, see if you can shoot Kol a PM. It might be better to try that way.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #197 on: Aug 02, 2016, 03:27 PM »
If you can, see if you can shoot Kol a PM. It might be better to try that way.
I had mentioned it in a message to Ref last week or week before when I was asking about gauntlet mods, it was thrown in last minute so may have really seen it, last night I tried sending message to all three moderators but the message wouldn't send, so just sent to Kol instead
Thanks for the suggestion vod

« Reply #198 on: Aug 03, 2016, 02:09 AM »
Another little bit collected, hopefully I can shape it with destroying it, no.5 shade visor

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2016, 02:12 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #199 on: Nov 01, 2016, 02:17 AM »
Been along time since I've done anything on this, I'd left it as I settled on what I'd want to include on inside. Electronic wise and padding, plus weather was a bit crap to paint.
today, while working on bit for jetpack, I resprayed the right ear pieces alighter colour. Also last few days I've been filing done the insides of the bucket as I want to get the visor to sit flush. I'm thinking of using some black neoprene or thin rubber to act as a gasket between bucket and visor

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2016, 05:32 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!