Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Az's Kit #3 - Protector

• 18 Replies

Azrayel

• Jorhaa'i pel. Kyr'amu an'kebise
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
Az's Kit #3 - Protector
« on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:24 PM »
SO.. since im now on an 18 month wait for parts for my Canon Jango Fett kit, I guess i need a 3rd kit to keep me occupied. Apparently i dont have enough to do with upgrading to a different Brigade on my primary kit, and upgrading Bubbles, and building a new Imperial MSE.. sure lets add kit #3 to the list. So far collected a few items, have a working color scheme I like and that should meet CRL/BRL's for Canon/Legends/Mandalorian Protectors Brigade.  Weapons choices made, accessories in progress...  So.. heres where im at, and what i have so far..

Design/Color Scheme :

Collected parts so far : ESB Fett gloves from MOW, Infantry patches found online, and Shin Tools - resin cast from MOW

I currently have 2 coverall sets, in white, same size as ive used before for my current kit, so i can custom color dye them what i want. Already washed and dried, and starting removal of pockets and will start disassembling the 2nd one to use for fabric to make Thigh Pouches, double sleeve, shin tool pouches, and whatever else i find i need.

Planning on making a grey leather vest for the plates, going to be ordering Vac-Formed plated from Mon Cal Props < RKD plates>, will order Jango style girth and pouches belt from Delta Leather Works, with custom holster for my Fett 1313 Mentor blaster. I expect ill 3d print most of the jetpack parts and assemble those as time permits with other print jobs running.

Picture of Girth/Pouches im hoping to get  ( want to get the girth either undyed, or done in a dark red if i can)

Fett 1313 Mentor Blaster - using as my primary sidearm

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Az's Kit #3 - Protector
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2021, 09:47 PM »
Looking good! Where did you find the patches?

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Azrayel

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2021, 11:20 AM »
Looking good! Where did you find the patches?

I searched the interwebs for Infantry Patches and picked out these ones . Specifically these came from MilitaryVetsPX.com

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2021, 12:08 AM »
Commenting to follow because it's going to be awesome.

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2021, 10:23 AM »
SO.. since im now on an 18 month wait for parts for my Canon Jango Fett kit, I guess i need a 3rd kit to keep me occupied. Apparently i dont have enough to do with upgrading to a different Brigade on my primary kit, and upgrading Bubbles, and building a new Imperial MSE.. sure lets add kit #3 to the list. So far collected a few items, have a working color scheme I like and that should meet CRL/BRL's for Canon/Legends/Mandalorian Protectors Brigade.  Weapons choices made, accessories in progress...  So.. heres where im at, and what i have so far..

Design/Color Scheme :

Collected parts so far : ESB Fett gloves from MOW, Infantry patches found online, and Shin Tools - resin cast from MOW

I currently have 2 coverall sets, in white, same size as ive used before for my current kit, so i can custom color dye them what i want. Already washed and dried, and starting removal of pockets and will start disassembling the 2nd one to use for fabric to make Thigh Pouches, double sleeve, shin tool pouches, and whatever else i find i need.

Planning on making a grey leather vest for the plates, going to be ordering Vac-Formed plated from Mon Cal Props < RKD plates>, will order Jango style girth and pouches belt from Delta Leather Works, with custom holster for my Fett 1313 Mentor blaster. I expect ill 3d print most of the jetpack parts and assemble those as time permits with other print jobs running.

Picture of Girth/Pouches im hoping to get  ( want to get the girth either undyed, or done in a dark red if i can)

Fett 1313 Mentor Blaster - using as my primary sidearm

I love all of this! That 1313 Mentor blaster definitely puts mine to shame haha that thing is slick!!!

I also really enjoy the sudden uptick in Protector builds. This is fantastic!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Tor Johaair

• Tor Johaa'ir
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2021, 11:49 AM »
I like the patches.  I would love to use my dad's regiment patch as one but it is way too earthy.

2/2 Armored Cavalry.
https://images.app.goo.gl/xtExaHWGVLLYitJEA

I'll check out that website to see if there are others that might work. Thanks!

MMCC // #2191      Brigades #323
Tor Johaa'ir (Approved)
Striker Division: Spec Ops- Recon (Approved)

Justice, and Vengence. Though not necessarily in that order.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Love it, Az.

Keep on keeping on.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Azrayel

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2021, 12:13 AM »
Ive renewed my interest in this kit, and decided to lay aside some upgrades on my current brigades kit to get back to work on this one.. ordered a new Jango style April Storms ABS helmet tonight, dug out the protector parts ive collected and started shopping other things i wanted for this build. Reworked some colors as well to change up ideas a bit...

EDIT- Because im indecisive and thought more and looked at other kits more... i tweaked things a bit.. hoping maybe one of these will pass muster for concepts?

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2021, 06:11 PM by Azrayel » Logged

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Good to see you are getting back to work on this!

With the two new concept colorings you have shared, I believe you have too many colors happening at once.

Requirements:
Colors:
The primary color of the armor (chest, ab, collar, diamond, back, and cod plates) have to be medium green in color, similar to Boba Fett.
One main secondary color must be present.  Secondary colors may only be Red, Yellow, or Orange.                               
A third color may also be chosen that can be any of the secondary colors OR white, light blue, purple and grey. The third color must be used sparingly.

As is stands currently:
Your secondary color on the new kit is orange
Tertiary colors: you currently have three of those. Red, yellow, purple
As is, your current scheme has a total of 9 different armor colors. You will most likely need to weed down the tertiary colors down to 2 options, maybe even 1 but Mi'ix can chime in more on that.
My kit only has 6 total colors with my tertiary color being light blue.

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2021, 12:28 PM »
That first picture is better than the second.

With the secondary color being orange and the third, purple, being used sparingly, I'm fine with that.

The helmet ears and bits on the gauntlets being different colors I don't really care about so long as the base color fits the BRL.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Azrayel

« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2021, 05:28 PM »
Alright.. tweaked and adjusted colors...

olive drab Primary, ( one chest plate PROBABLY slightly darker>
Burnt Orange as Secondary
Purple as Tertiary

Shoulders: green and orange
Gauntlets: orange and purple
Knees:  both in orange
Helmet: white lower cheeks, tan upper cheeks, orange back panels 1 orange 1 purple earcap and probably orange to purple kill stripes

Weathered : white stripe down right side of the chest plates
Personal Sigil on right chest plate as well

Planning on Jango style Girth Belt in red, and Jango belt pouches/holsters

right blaster - Fett 1313 Mentor
Left blaster - Modified  Westar 35

Medium Grey double sleeved flight suit, and grey leather flak vest.

Now  Hoping all this is acceptable and will work for Protector
 and Questions : For jetpack... do need to follow exact standards on configuration of the  Z6 jetpack, or can i change the center rocket style?  Would it be possible to also add rocket heads on the side tanks instead of the normal caps that are normally there as well?  Any specifics  for color scheme on the jetpack?  Also.. BRL says i can use some of the secondary colors beneath the primary/ secondary colors for part of the damages/weathering portions. Am i able to use different colors under these for weathering.. like.. red under orange for shoulders, and yellow under green on chest? Just trying to completely understand what i can and cant do.

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2021, 05:34 PM by Azrayel » Logged

Mi'ix

« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2021, 08:57 AM »
Is that a Jango style bolo belt, but the leather is dyed red?

I wouldn't drift too far from the canon Z-6 or JT-12 configuration.  Just like with the gauntlets, as long as the base stays the same, you can have fun with the attachments and greeblies to make it yours.

Under the primary green you can use orange, yellow, grey, or a darker green.

Under your secondary color you can use your primary color, grey or one of the listed secondary colors (red, orange, yellow).  Wouldn't make sense to put orange under an orange so you could go either red under the orange or yellow under the orange.   

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Azrayel

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Is that a Jango style bolo belt, but the leather is dyed red?

Yep.. my plan is the jango leather bolo girth, but dyed in red.. with jango brown pouches and belt over it, and jango style holsters on both sides.  Im a bit of a Jango fan and was hoping i could include some jango inspiration into my Protector, based on BRL i believe this all still fits within guidelines.

Thank you for clarifying on the weathering color options and jetpack Questions. Im planning to keep the body , and thrusters the same as the stanard Z6 and just wanted to look at option for the center rocket, maybe replacable options so im not always banging the back of my helmet with a tall rocket, and possibly something a bit taller for the side top cones.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2021, 02:58 PM »
Yep.. my plan is the jango leather bolo girth, but dyed in red.. with jango brown pouches and belt over it, and jango style holsters on both sides.  Im a bit of a Jango fan and was hoping i could include some jango inspiration into my Protector, based on BRL i believe this all still fits within guidelines.

Thank you for clarifying on the weathering color options and jetpack Questions. Im planning to keep the body , and thrusters the same as the stanard Z6 and just wanted to look at option for the center rocket, maybe replacable options so im not always banging the back of my helmet with a tall rocket, and possibly something a bit taller for the side top cones.

I always love subtle nods to either Boba or Jango on these kits and I think what you're planning with the girth belt and holster rig sounds great.

As for the jetpack, you could always do a side-mounted rocket pack so that your helmet isn't banging on said rocket. 3 of us Protectors use them on our kits  :like:

Azrayel

« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2021, 04:33 PM »
I have a vague memory of the side mounted pack, as i believe Mix has one somewhere in his collection... but finding one seems rather difficult in a general search. The Z6 is far more common and easily found... though im not opposed to the idea, id just have to figure out where to get one.  Im also still playing with colors.. think im happy with Primary, Secondary, Tertiary... messing with Flight suit and flak vest colors now.. LOL... im only on concept iteration #7 or 8 now.

Not sure how i feel entirely.. i like the desert feel... and shifts the look away from being quite so duplicative of other peoples kits...  and maybe its just the color tan o chose for this... its more a representative color for general blocking out.. than SPECIFIC colors as yet.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #15 on: Aug 26, 2021, 04:07 PM »
I have a vague memory of the side mounted pack, as i believe Mix has one somewhere in his collection... but finding one seems rather difficult in a general search. The Z6 is far more common and easily found... though im not opposed to the idea, id just have to figure out where to get one.  Im also still playing with colors.. think im happy with Primary, Secondary, Tertiary... messing with Flight suit and flak vest colors now.. LOL... im only on concept iteration #7 or 8 now.

Not sure how i feel entirely.. i like the desert feel... and shifts the look away from being quite so duplicative of other peoples kits...  and maybe its just the color tan o chose for this... its more a representative color for general blocking out.. than SPECIFIC colors as yet.

Digging the western/desert vibe this one is going for.  Mandalorians look their best with some wild west type vibes like the Pre-Pro Fett.

As for the side-mounted jetpacks being hard to track down.... you would be correct. They are quite difficult  :laugh:

I was actually the one that built that one for Mi'ix and I also built one for NorCalCap.

Azrayel

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Digging the western/desert vibe this one is going for.  Mandalorians look their best with some wild west type vibes like the Pre-Pro Fett.

As for the side-mounted jetpacks being hard to track down.... you would be correct. They are quite difficult  :laugh:

I was actually the one that built that one for Mi'ix and I also built one for NorCalCap.

Thanks for the vote on the desert-ish look... im still rolling it around my brain to see how i feel.... as for the jetpack... ill keep that in mind.. thanks to Kurshi i found HOW to search for the info on them and have some reference shots... i might have to give building one a shot??? Havent completely decided what i wanna do for jetpack yet so open to suggestions.. and something that fewer people opt for... is definitely intriguing.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #17 on: Aug 26, 2021, 05:46 PM »
Thanks for the vote on the desert-ish look... im still rolling it around my brain to see how i feel.... as for the jetpack... ill keep that in mind.. thanks to Kurshi i found HOW to search for the info on them and have some reference shots... i might have to give building one a shot??? Havent completely decided what i wanna do for jetpack yet so open to suggestions.. and something that fewer people opt for... is definitely intriguing.

For sure! If you need any other photos of the side mounted packs, let me know. I would definitely suggest going for that look as it will definitely set you apart from other members/Mercs that use jetpacks. One more way for us Protectors to stand out! If you need any help building your own, I will be glad to assist. Unfortunately, I have very minimal free time to scratch build another jetpack from the ground up. I believe my build thread shows some progress shots of when I built my very first one which may be helpful.

Azrayel

« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2021, 09:50 PM »
Flight suit measured, and ordered. Decided to try Kriptontop this time around. Great communication so far in the process.. 20 different measurements to get it tailored right. Decided to order a supertrooper white and going to plan on doing the color dye and weathering myself. I did pretty good with my first one so hoping the 2nd goes as well.  Working on 3d printing blaster parts, and researching Jetpack options at the time being to see what i want to go with. Slowly working along at this.. and other kits in progress... Hoping to have Protector together by spring/early summer next year.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!