Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

What do the inside of your helmets look like?

• 8 Replies

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
What do the inside of your helmets look like?
« on: Apr 22, 2015, 07:58 PM »
Wondering what all people have in there helmets, how much, and how they get it all in there(looking at you Mand`alor  :laugh: )

Did not get a picture of it before I pulled it all out to redo it, but I (when I get it all back in there)  im going to have a mini blue tooth speaker, red hud light kit, and a single 9v fan. Pulled it all out cause my last install was a rushed night before con get it all in there type of thing.

Also, how do you have it held in? All of mine will be held in with velcro from those small 5$ packs at home depot.

Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: What do the inside of your helmets look like?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2015, 11:42 PM »
I've got lights in my helmet.  There's a strip light across the visor and lights in my earcaps.  The battery pack is velcro'd to the back, and I use ACH pads to keep it from sliding around on the noggin.

Here's all the lights on with the room lights out.  I took out the center pad, so you can see some of the wiring.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2015, 03:19 AM »
Very clean! Like it vod!

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2015, 08:22 AM »
So you have the wiring held in place out of the way by the top pad?

Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2015, 09:06 AM »
Yes, the beauty of using ACH pads is that they're easy to obtain and inexpensive (it's probably supply sergeants who are posting their "surplus" on eBay at $12 for a set of 7; retail, a set of 7 runs $25-30), and they're held in with velcro.  I use peel-and-stick velcro hooks on the inside of my helmet and then attach the ACH pads to the velcro. 

The ACH pads also do a good job of containing the wiring on the inside of my helmet since they cover a lot of space, but don't add a lot of bulk and they're comfortable. 

Your helmet should not be too tight, but it also should not move a round a lot, which is what will happen if you don' t have enough padding on the inside.  I've seen a good number of helmets use either craft foam or the egg crate foam, but I like the ACH pads for when my helmet gets a little ripe, you just take them out and throw them in the washing machine or replace them, and that's not something you can easily do if you hot glue foam to the inside.

As far as other stuff, I don't have speakers in my helmet, I had to take my fans out to put the battery pack for my lights in, and I wear an over-the-ear microphone for my voice amp

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Bobecc DelFin

• Raquor'daan Clan
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Ive been trying to find a good brand of pads to put in my helmet haha. Thanks. Just ordered a set off Amazon for $11.

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2015, 10:09 AM »
they are a pain in the shebs to order over here in mainland Europe. So I got some helmet padding ( hard foam ), glued velcro in my bucket and glued the other side of the velcro to the pads. Don't have any pics ( at work ), but I cut the pads to shape and voila, snug fit for my noggin :)

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 12:20 PM »
(it's probably supply sergeants who are posting their "surplus" on eBay at $12 for a set of 7; retail, a set of 7 runs $25-30)
I resemble that remark.  Though, I will never admit to getting upwards of $60 after auctions ended for my surplus.  I'm planning on pulling the pads out of one of my two ACH's for my dome when it's done.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2015, 04:00 PM »
I've got lights in my helmet.  There's a strip light across the visor and lights in my earcaps.  The battery pack is velcro'd to the back, and I use ACH pads to keep it from sliding around on the noggin.

Here's all the lights on with the room lights out.  I took out the center pad, so you can see some of the wiring.

The picture links have died, would you mind reposting them please? :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!