Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Just Another Sabine S3 WIP

• 11 Replies

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
Just Another Sabine S3 WIP
« on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:51 PM »
So I promised myself I'd only do one build at a time, and then, well... I have two build threads. It's fine. We're all fine here, how are you?

Bes'uliik wants a Sabine and I want to build a Sabine. (Look, vode, they told me I could make a darksaber. I was immediately invested.) I've already started! Wanted to post here for feedback and progress, as I'm now soft part shopping and could use some advice.

THE BOOTS

I'm eyeing these boots for my costume, but I also think I want a thicker sole. I know the CRL's don't say platform, but they don't NOT say platform, either. I am pretty short, and I think a platform not exceeding an inch will give my short little legs the last boost they need to round out and proportion to the overall wideness of my hips. If that's the case, I think these would be the better option as long as I removed the over-the-knee top of the boot, as they have more of a combat-style sole. I'm destroying these boots either way with paint, so a little modification won't hurt.

Opinions?

THE SUIT

After discussing extensively with my seamstress friend, I've decided to go on and use the Kwik Sew 3502 as the base for the flightsuit top, and just cut out the gray patterning and vee collar out of the existing pattern. If you have a Sabine build on this site, I'm probably stalking it and picking up tips, so come say hi!

No news on the bottoms, but seamstress friend tells me it'll be cake, so I don't think I'll have to buy my own pattern. Drop 'em in anyway! I got no kriffin' clue what I'm doing.

THE ARMOR

Gauntlets, knees, shins, collars, elbows: check.

Bells, chest, ankles, gauntlet boxes: incoming.

Then the painting begins... oh, god. The painting.

THE GLOVES

These gloves look close to perfect but luckily, it doesn't have to be perfect! I'm going with these, as they look comfier, and I like the look of their wrist straps more.

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017, 10:52 PM by maddiekayray » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Just Another Sabine S3 WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Awesome.  Watching with interest

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Jango-N-TN

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:39 PM »
Awesome. Can't wait to see it!

501st “Infamous” Level Jango Fett BH-62950
Mid-SouthGarrison
MMCC- #1390 Bes’uliik Clan
MMCC “Canon” Brigade Member #266

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:44 PM »
Awesome. Can't wait to see it!

Hey Reggie! Gonna try and make this wearable by Con Nooga!

Edwacoo

• Maaaan if you seen this.....
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2017, 02:51 AM »
Call me the Lurk'alor.

Commenting to follow.

Edwacoo Akic
Clan Nexu
MMCC# 1461
Mid West Garrison RC/TK# 14615
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
I'm Just a Simple Man Trying To Make My Way In the Universe

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:40 PM »
I finally found your thread! Can't wait to see you get this finished!

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:51 PM »

Armor update!!!!! Shins, knees, elbows, collars, gauntlet bases! Just need chest, shoulder bells, and ankles! (Not sure if you need shin and boot armor for Light Gear Sabine, but I cut 'em anyway)

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:53 PM »

Armor update!!!!! Shins, knees, elbows, collars, gauntlet bases! Just need chest, shoulder bells, and ankles! (Not sure if you need shin and boot armor for Light Gear Sabine, but I cut 'em anyway)

That pic came out pretty good! ;). It was nice to meet you at he armor party! ;D

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2017, 11:07 PM »
Very cool!  Keep it up!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:15 PM »

It looks awesome! :D

For light armor approval you do need the shin armor, just not the leg flares! :)

I can't wait to see more!

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2017, 12:26 AM »
Got a whole lot knocked out today!!

Fiberglassed gauntlets. Just gotta putty the outside, sand out the fiberglass on the inside, final sand, and prime! Then weathering and painting begins...

Here shown are my elbows and knees. You can see I've already started weathering and had just latexed all the edges.

PAINTING HAS BEGUN!!! This is where I stopped for the night. Well... will stop.... when the latex on my shins dry and I can apply the purple and orange.

Oh... sprayed my commlink hammered black and splattered it lightly with some paint. Pics when I get the slate blue and add the yellow. It's small, and a pretty minor detail, but I think that's why I like it so much.

Dar'manda

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Looking great vod! Can't wait to see all the weathering and paint come to life!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!