Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

body cooling system built into a personal designed hardshell back pack

• 11 Replies

WazarKahn

• oh wow wow wow wooow
i have designed a hardshell back pack that im currently in the middle of the build process of (will be posting pictures on this thread later on if anyone is interested in how im doing this all) the backpack will be the housing of essentially helmet cooling fans attatched to clear rubber tubing used for aquariums and such its about the same circumference as a mcdonalds straw, the clear rubber tubing is attacthed to the fans so cool air is being pushed through them the tubes are attactched to an under shirt with the end of the tubes being directed to different parts of the body that i want the air to be blowing on (arm pits, chest and stomach, ect.) all the fans are connected to a 9volt battery pack with switch, the switch being on the outside of the back pack arms reach around to access it easily. this is the concept idea let me know what you think and if you want me to post pictures and progress of the build , i will list all the things and components and where i got them and how much it cost as well, hope you enjoy!  

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017, 11:28 AM by WazarKahn » Logged
To fear man is to doubt yourself. To fear death is to doubt the life you've lived, I fear no man and I fear no death.

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Gent’alor
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Great bro... I want to see your WIP...

Regards,

Grey Brigade - OT Guard 106

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
If you can get the whole thing working, it's pretty similar to a concept I've designed (but never got around to building).  If you have extra length of hose, you might want to (as an option) run a few loops of it around or between a couple ice packs, which will cool down the outside air even more... and in the winter, you can use a hot water bottle or the like to turn your suit cooler into a suit heater.

WazarKahn

• oh wow wow wow wooow
If you can get the whole thing working, it's pretty similar to a concept I've designed (but never got around to building).  If you have extra length of hose, you might want to (as an option) run a few loops of it around or between a couple ice packs, which will cool down the outside air even more... and in the winter, you can use a hot water bottle or the like to turn your suit cooler into a suit heater.
yeah that's definitely something that came across my mind when I started thinking on it ill be testing a lot of things with it in still trying to figure out how to post pictures on here but its not wanting to let me so if someone can help me on that as well ill get these pictures on here ! Thank you!

To fear man is to doubt yourself. To fear death is to doubt the life you've lived, I fear no man and I fear no death.

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
Here's a link to help you out. I can't remember if I sent this to you or not already.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73613.msg1622030#msg1622030

When you host your photos on an image hosting website (DO NOT use Photobucket), just look for the clickable BBCode link for forums. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

WazarKahn

• oh wow wow wow wooow
Here's a link to help you out. I can't remember if I sent this to you or not already.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73613.msg1622030#msg1622030

When you host your photos on an image hosting website (DO NOT use Photobucket), just look for the clickable BBCode link for forums. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

thank you!!! i got it figured out now its very easy updated post now so i have the pictures up of my concept doodle of the back pack and then the base of the back pack that i started on saturday will be getting more pictures up shortly

Tek Sa'an

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
You're very welcome. Glad to help.   :D

WazarKahn

• oh wow wow wow wooow
i have more cooling fans on the way , but for now im working on the structure and i plan on sealing up the seems with gorilla glue silicone from the inside and then use bondo on the outside and smooth it out and sand it make it look like one solid piece and then ill do the primary metal grey paint job and then ill start adding the greeblies and leds and fix up the hatches so i can open it up and get inside of it for hooking up the fans and tubing for the cooling system and ill finish it up with a weathered damaged paint job... any suggestions on what greeblies you can imagine on this thing?

Tek Sa'an

Switches and buttons (think RadioShack) and old school computer keys. I've found total junk outside just walking around and think "Hey, that would look good on my kit!". The least likely places you visit seem to have the coolest stuff.  :P

WazarKahn

• oh wow wow wow wooow
Switches and buttons (think RadioShack) and old school computer keys. I've found total junk outside just walking around and think "Hey, that would look good on my kit!". The least likely places you visit seem to have the coolest stuff.  :P
what about antenes of some sort would those go good or be out of context cause its more of a life support system of sorts and not really comunicating anything ... well never mind answered my own question

Tek Sa'an

That would be great, too. As long as it looks like it fits - add it. That's why it's so fun building this stuff. Be as creative as you can.

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
That set up reminds me of an episode of Tested when Adam went to con in a 2001: A Space Odyssey suit.  Check out that episode on YouTube to see how he set up his cooling system.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!