Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Light Mando concept, first kit

• 3 Replies

Max B

Light Mando concept, first kit
« on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:30 AM »
So the following pic is a prototype for my first mando kit. There are still some variations that can't be shown due to the limits of the mando maker program and some things I'm plain just not sure on yet. For example I'm not sure about the flightsuit colour which will likely just depend on where I source it from (Went with olive green in case I go with an ex military one). I'm also not sure about the cape so I made it grey as a placeholder colour.

For the parts that can't be shown by the program I was planning on having an armoured loincloth instead of a cod piece with a grey fabric or brown leather material overlain by a few dark blue plates with the yellowy-orange colour for accents. Speaking of accents using the yellowy-orange colour I was thinking I'd have a couple of diagonal stripes across the Chest and ab plates and put some mandalorian logos on the shoulders using it.

I don't know whether I'll have a rangefinder or not on the helmet but that's mostly because I'm still really not sure what the best place to source a helmet from is. In regards to the helmet or anything about the build at all I'd appreciate any advice people could give.

https://imgur.com/a/wDDntN6

Sidewalker

• Faster, more intense!
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Light Mando concept, first kit
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2019, 12:48 AM »
Cool concept. Have you decided what materials you’re going to use to build it?

Sidewalker
Hett'ciri Clan

Max B

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2019, 01:33 PM »
As it's my first build, I'll be on a somewhat tight budget and I have no metalworking experience I was thinking of using PVC/foamex for the armour pieces and the helmet will likely be some sort of plastic too. I have no issues with the weight of metal armour/helmets as I'm used to it from doing Medieval Re-enactment but I think that shaping and finishing things may be easier this way.

Perhaps in a future build I may do some work with metal if I can pick up some experience from other members but we'll see.

On an unrelated note I'm also thinking that leg wraps may look good on the lower legs with the armoured loincloth too. That or knee boots perhaps.

Vor'en Marr

• Vor'en Marr
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2019, 03:42 PM »
hey there Vod. great concept.
Armour wise, sintra is great for plates and comes in lots of different thicknesses so you could double layer or add detail / trauma plates and still keep it light. lots of mercs have metal armour and like anything its down to preference and ability. someday ill replicate my armour in metal.. someday (sighs)

MMCC OM #1437 |MMCC Brigade #198| B.O.M.B #069 | MiB #018| B.O.O.M #027

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!