Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP viking mando

• 20 Replies

Moab

Re: WIP viking mando
« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2020, 07:12 PM »
I believe that I have finalized the armour design for my mando! I tried to make as swarzy as possible but with the inspiration of vikings, let me know what you think. I have also included the progress I have made during the quarantine

https://imgur.com/gallery/2mgk8vY

https://imgur.com/gallery/G8FiJCe

This is the way
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2020, 05:19 AM »
Two questions, how did you form the plates? And what does the Aeurbish say?

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

Moab

« Reply #17 on: Apr 24, 2020, 01:58 PM »
I formed the plates with a heat gun and mostly against my body, is there something wrong with the plates? the aeurbish says "weapons are a part of my religion" -The Mandalorian

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2020, 05:55 PM by Moab » Logged
This is the way

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 2020, 03:29 PM »
Those plates are looking good! How does the sizing look when it is on you? The chest plates have a significant curve to them, so I'm a little worried that they will sit proud of your chest when they're in place. Id love to see a picture. Also- to imbed your photos into the post, follow this link 🙂 how to post pictures and follow the directions.

Moab

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 02:28 AM »
First off, thank you for the photo tip Iíve been trying to figure that out for a while haha! Ya the plates look a little curved than most, I just have a pretty big chest and it actually stuck out more before I curved it like that. Iíll try to get some on body shots up soon for your judgment

This is the way
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 03:14 AM »
I formed the plates with a heat gun and mostly against my body, is there something wrong with the plates? the aeurbish says "weapons are a part of my religion" -The Mandalorian

First, that's a good quote!

Second, I was asking about forming the plates because it's  easier to form if someone else is the one putting it up against you. Bodies change shape as they bend and for your app photos you'll be standing like an action figure.

Third, if the imgur links are still giving you problems after following the directions, try using a computer and not a phone. I found that way to work better.

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!