Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Grenade launcher, what to change?

• 5 Replies

Nayc kar'ta

• I am your judge, your jury, and your executioner.
Grenade launcher, what to change?
« on: May 20, 2020, 03:13 PM »
So I bought myself a cool toy and thought it might be good for a kit, but i'm unsure what to change. The CRL's about weapons state that rails must be removed, and must look swarzy enough, but here is the launcher in question.

And these are the pages from the wiki about grenade launchers

I know the stock would probably have to go since it looks too modern, but what else would I have to do?

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #116
V.A.B.S. #???

“Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands then a clenched fist.”

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Grenade launcher, what to change?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 03:39 PM »
I'd consider getting rid of the gadget grip up front and see about maybe covering that front bit somehow, make it a foregrip if possible. Maybe cover up some of the tubes in the feed drum with some plastic. It's a very earthy looking blasty, so you've got your work cut out for ya. Good luck!

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 10:04 PM »
I'd say honestly try to just follow those two images.

Ditch the rails at the 12:00, 3:00 and 9:00 positions on the front handguard, add some kind of muzzle brake to the barrel, use some metal/sintra bar to connect the base of the pistol grip with the back of the chamber wall and skeletonize the M4 stock (Basically, chop a chunk out of the top of the stock itself -- look at a Beretta M92 pistol's slide for what i'm trying to get at)

I agree with Ori that it's going to be a rather difficult build. The Milkor MGL is an EXTREMELY recognizable weapon system these days, and unfortunately I don't believe it's been used as a prop in the movies yet so there's not much to reference on what it could look like Swarz'd up. Or any grenade launchers for that matter.

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 10:35 PM »
I wasn't sure I could explain it, so I did a quick mock up. I used the same grenade launcher base and made some adjustments. This is a rough mock up of what i was thinking, more details need to be added.
Ditched the rails, filled in the holes on the fore end.
Chopped handle and put in a trigger grip on top. (I was thinking a joystick style would be better but this was just a mock up.)
Attached a handle to the barrel shroud.
Maybe add something else on the end of the barrel?
This would be slung low and not shoulder fired.
That is my two cents, and that is about all it is worth. I would love to see what you come up with.

Nayc kar'ta

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 11:33 PM »
I guess my only question is, when an in universe weapon already looks earthly, is this just a no-go? i mean the canon and legends pictures both look like a regular shoulder fired M32. It's not like I bought it expecting an easy job, but the question remains.

V.A.B.S. #???

“Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands then a clenched fist.”

Nayc kar'ta

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2020, 07:48 PM »
Alright so i'm trying to make a little bit of progress before I move back to Chicago and I can really start working on my kit, but I think I have an idea as to make this thing even cooler AND make it look swarzy.

So, the most recognizable things about the M32, and the Z50 Star Wars equivilant, are the rotating cylinder and the stock. So what about this, first I add a top handle (since all star wars heavy weapons seem to have one) like this.

Then I thought about fully removing the stock, but then I saw that alot of Mandalorian weapons have a sort of adjustable wire stock on them, which I can actually fit over the AR15 style buffer tube. Something like this in place of the current stock.

Lastly, and this is something i've been scrounging the forums for anybody that has made something like this but it doesn't seem that it's ever been done, is taking out the cylinder completely and putting in a belt fed thermal detonator system. My plan is to use spent 40mm grenade shells that still have the links on them similar to these

and get Pedro Pascal styled thermal detonator ends printed to fit in the end of the shells,

With this I believe I would have a lot working in the weapons favor to be appropriately modified. What do you all think? I'll admit that i want to build it just on cool factor alone, but I'd like to know if it would be acceptable for weapon regs before I sink TOO much money into it.

V.A.B.S. #???

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!