Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

True Mandalorians Headhunter Company Grunt **WIP**

• 75 Replies

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: True Mandalorians Headhunter Company Grunt **WIP**
« Reply #25 on: Sep 24, 2021, 02:00 PM »
Thighs are looking good! I think you’ve got them pretty close to references.

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Sep 24, 2021, 02:32 PM »
Thighs are looking good! I think you’ve got them pretty close to references.
  Thanks, Lets see how they feel once i wear them,  :o

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Sep 26, 2021, 11:26 AM »
Jumping a head a bit, but here is my plan for the blasters

shortened  Westar 34

not 100% accurate but i do plan on filling in the hole on the handle and above the handle for more accuracy

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #28 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:02 PM »
Shins

So i made these and i felt something was off,

the outside edges were off, i corrected it

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:19 PM »
Dude. Yes! Exactly on point! That flare towards the top is dead on.

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #30 on: Oct 02, 2021, 08:05 PM »
Dude. Yes! Exactly on point! That flare towards the top is dead on.

Thanks Vod,

Helmet

Base is flat grey, Green is Spruce green, Mandibles are Wildflower Blue, RF is Flat grey
Weathering is Burnt Siena and Raw Sienna

Back is Next, Waiting on more sintra. Gauntlets are in design phase

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #31 on: Oct 02, 2021, 08:22 PM »
The helmet might be too muddy and brown, but I can't be sure.

Any chance you could make templates of all the plates? They'd be SO helpful for other TMs. And they're out of this world! (Literally)

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #32 on: Oct 02, 2021, 08:27 PM »
The helmet might be too muddy and brown, but I can't be sure.

Any chance you could make templates of all the plates? They'd be SO helpful for other TMs. And they're out of this world! (Literally)

I'm going for that extremely muddy look, in some references you literally see them in mud, I did make templates for what I have made so far. going to see how I can make  downloadable like the Boba and jango templates.

Some good images showing the level of dirt and mud they were fighting in
the trick is how can we bring what we see in the comic to a real world equivalent
IMO its muddier in the real world version of  TM who was in that enviorment

« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2021, 08:56 PM by Ru'Stor Rawr » Logged

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #33 on: Oct 04, 2021, 02:35 PM »
trying something out to add more texture to the mud, I want to add mud to the visor because how would you explain a filthy helmet and a crispy clean visor, other than windshield wipers? :laugh:

I mixed cinnamon with acrylic paint, the cinnamon causes lumps similiar to how mud would look and dry on hard surfaces, I used an old visor to test it out on
I'm pretty happy with how it came out, I plan on adding it on top of the rest of the weathering for more realism and depth

Color Test

Real Brown

Chocolate Bar

Burnt Umber

Burnt Sienna

Brown Oxide

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2021, 04:43 PM by Ru'Stor Rawr » Logged

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2021, 11:00 AM »
MUD!!!!

I decided to go with Brown Oxide and Burnt Sienna, the Sienna was used very lightly just to add some contrast
I do plan on doing the same process on all the plates, but I will wait till i get the soft parts and adjust any shaping
that may be needed,  as I don't know how that weathering will react to heat even if it is on the backside of the plates.

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #35 on: Oct 07, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Ok so after really looking at it and with the advice of a trusted builder, we agreed that it was too much mud and you could not see the green of the cheek and the blue on the mandibles, so i dialed it back a bit.

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #36 on: Oct 10, 2021, 06:58 PM »
Though I liked it before, I think I like seeing the colors show through a bit more. Those paint tests were really helpful. I might save those in an imgur post for future reference. Those all look realistic and give us some color hues to work through.

Great work as always brother!

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #37 on: Oct 10, 2021, 09:07 PM »
Though I liked it before, I think I like seeing the colors show through a bit more. Those paint tests were really helpful. I might save those in an imgur post for future reference. Those all look realistic and give us some color hues to work through.

Thank you, Yes a much wiser builder than I, pointed that out to me. Im glad i corrected it!
The samples can definitely come in handy in the future  :D

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Dec 08, 2021, 09:37 AM »

I would agree with Riley - changing it up so that more of the colors show through was a good choice. As it was before - it was too muted but the change up really shows off the colors from the comics while also showing that it's muddy. It's definitely more realistic the way you have it painted now. Excellent work and looking forward to seeing more progress on this.

Also - those shins are spot on!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #39 on: Dec 08, 2021, 11:31 AM »
I would agree with Riley - changing it up so that more of the colors show through was a good choice. As it was before - it was too muted but the change up really shows off the colors from the comics while also showing that it's muddy. It's definitely more realistic the way you have it painted now. Excellent work and looking forward to seeing more progress on this.

Also - those shins are spot on!

Thank you, the mud was fun, the entire build has been fun so far, ill be back at it after this crazy month ends

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #40 on: Dec 27, 2021, 08:29 PM »
Holidays are over, time to get back at it.

for this update I'm keeping simple, as of now this will be the suit i will be using, simple low maintenance and matches the color pretty well.

Gloves

as far as armor goes, i still need the collar and the backplate......coming soon!

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #41 on: Dec 27, 2021, 10:33 PM »
Looks good compared to references!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #42 on: Dec 28, 2021, 02:33 PM »
Ooh! interesting glove choices. Those look like they'll work nicely!

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #43 on: Dec 28, 2021, 04:22 PM »
Looks good to me.

I'm curious if we can spot any other additional details on the gloves that we can add to our upcoming update of this character.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #44 on: Dec 28, 2021, 05:04 PM »
Looks good to me.

I'm curious if we can spot any other additional details on the gloves that we can add to our upcoming update of this character.

I took a look at all the images from all 4 books just now and this image is the only image that shows something other than smooth unlined leather light to medium grey in description, in this image the extra detail looks like badly drawn hand guards or another piece of fabric over the back of the hand, In my opinion this one image isn't enough to add that in considering that no other images show that detail again.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #45 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:59 PM »
Might be a simply drawn Fett style glove with the padding on top too.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #46 on: Dec 28, 2021, 07:05 PM »
Might be a simply drawn Fett style glove with the padding on top too.
  that's a possibility, Fett style, or smooth unlined leather would be 2 good options based on the images

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #47 on: Dec 29, 2021, 08:03 AM »
My assumption is that it's essentially a Boba style padded glove - most of these comics are incredibly frustrating in terms of art consistency lol I would say you would have grounds to go either way if you so choose

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #48 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:02 PM »
I would say that's fair, i will most likely continue with the smooth unlined leather for consistency with the comics.

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #49 on: Dec 30, 2021, 04:11 PM »
weapon design, as of now

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!