Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First bucket(The Architect) Questions

• 1 Replies
First bucket(The Architect) Questions
« on: Apr 06, 2022, 10:12 PM »
Hey yo, started working on my first kit mid Feb and just now getting to work on my first bucket. Primed and sanded earlier this week, started painting it yesterday. Hoping to get it finished tomorrow and the ear caps done. I have questions with fan placement and a way to mount my voice amp, its a wired amp so I was thinking it might end up being attached to my neck seal vs my helmet. My beard is rather short so I'm not to worried about it getting caught in blades but unclear where a good mounting point for them would be. I would like to get some air on my face and visor(Texas resident here) without it being picked up by my mic. I haven't gotten any padding yet and was holding off till I could figure out where to put what lol.

Any direction on fan kits already made and commonly used would be most helpful. Below is my bucket as I left it at work to dry, base color is artic white in gloss with a sloppy spray of hammered dark bronze. Vintage teal satin on top trim and a yellow who's name I can't actually think of atm around the visor XD. Hard to tell by the dividing lines is done in gloss hunter green. Inner visor is lined in hammered black as well. Trims and trim lines need gone over again at least once more.

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: First bucket(The Architect) Questions
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2022, 11:19 AM »
I can't give much advice on electronics placement yet, I've got some fans myself but haven't taken the plunge to mount them so far.   As for sources, I've heard of Henry's Helmet Fans (bought mine there, I had excellent customer interactions) and Troopacoola (no experience but I hear the stormtroopers love these)fans systems, and in the forum's continuous sales fi-8015 sells lots of electro-tronical stuff including fans and speed controllers for fans.

I'm digging your color scheme and can't wait to see how the hammered finish looks in full daylight - I think it's going to look pretty cool.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!