Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Mando before I found out about MMCC

• 3 Replies
First Mando before I found out about MMCC
« on: Jan 26, 2023, 06:11 PM »
Started as a Din Djarin but ran out of time before the Halloween season. Going to keep this while moving towards an approved kit.

Failed chest:

And my weakness, is sizing - I'm a big dude and all these files are tiny at 100% for me

Filler-primer and Bondo+sanding

Primed and covered with flat black, Montana Gold brand

Armor and trim

Helmet time!

Waiting for clearcoat

First Attempt at weathering, definitely need practice!

Kiddo approved!

Final Product - I need to get some more full-suit pics, as this was the first time I had worn it for more than 10 minutes, the ab plate came undone and the belt snapped in the back :( I still really really enjoyed the experience and cannot wait to time my time to make a kit that fits a little better

Re: First Mando before I found out about MMCC
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2023, 07:48 AM »
I love it.

trashcanmando

• This is all Karen Traviss' fault. they/them
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2023, 05:57 PM »
This is awesome! I would have never known you weren't even building it to get approved, can't wait to see what you do now!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2023, 07:05 AM »
And my weakness, is sizing - I'm a big dude and all these files are tiny at 100% for me

I'm on the bigger end as well (6'1" with a somewhat  Santa-esque physique)  ended up getting Armorsmith to help with my Heavy Infantry kit.  I feel your pain as some of the parts ended up at 140ish percent while others are are ~120% but made longer .    Finally set up a naming standard with the part/percent(s) of resizing and dropping them to a safe-keeping folder for reprinting if needed so I don't have to go thru that again.   Ended up getting the $99 Ender3 deal from MC just to have a second printer to print the smaller parts and let the Ender5 handle the bigger ones.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!