Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ref's Jetpack

• 11 Replies

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Ref's Jetpack
« on: Oct 29, 2011, 02:15 PM »
For my V2, I had been toying with the idea of getting a jetpack. Then I saw previously owned one for a great price and my mind was pretty much made up for me. It's a Fettseven fiberglass kit with resin rocket. Here's how it looks after a night in my hands:

The postal service was not kind to the rocket and it broke in half. I've fixed it by running a length of PVC pipe through the rocket. I also didn't glue the pieces down because I'd rather not have them break again. Now I can transport the rocket in two pieces, making it easier to store and more sturdy overall.

The thrusters were made with 1" PVC pipe, wooden fence post toppers, and air fresheners.

The next step is to find some greeblies for the tops of the side cylinders and the bottom vent. Then I'll made sure all my seams are filled before I sand it all down and paint in my colors.

Want to give a shoutout to Harro Gota'gal for the pack. Thanks vod!

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2011, 03:43 PM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Ref's Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Here's the completed jetpack:

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Great stuff and love your colour scheme!  :)

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Great stuff and love your colour scheme!  :)

Seconded on the colour scheme. That burnt orange really pops against the grey and silver. Looks great!

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Looks good.  ;)

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2011, 01:14 PM »
Brilliant! It is completely amazing!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

tk3181

• Awards TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2011, 01:23 PM »
very nice!

Brandon L.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'm happy it's a hit  ;D

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:19 PM »
The most exquisite paint job, ever.

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Looks great! Were you going to put caps on the 2 cylinders or leave them as they are?

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2011, 04:14 PM »
I'm going to leave them as they are at least for now. I'd like to eventually find a cap for the top, but I came up empty handed every time I tried to find something suitable. I think it still looks good and fuel tank-ey.

Trevagg Bralor

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Great work on this....well done!

"Make it fast! I've got a lot on my plate..."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!