Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scout backpack idea

• 8 Replies

DGphoto4u

• Peace was never an option...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Scout backpack idea
« on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:06 PM »
I got a few comtainers and started playing with ideas. I know I need to do a lot of mods but I wanted some feedback on wether I was heading in the right direction.

-Dan

Re: Scout backpack idea
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Good Idea... after a full days trooping, and shooting gungans and jawas, you'll always have a pitcher of Kool-Aid ready for the gang ...  ;D

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:10 PM »
I'm just pulling your leg, it looks like it's gonna be really cool ... and not cool as in Kool-Aid   ;)

DGphoto4u

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Lol.  ;D  I love da koolaid!

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2011, 05:10 PM »
I like your idea. Only thing that strikes me is the size of it all. Generally, scouts travel light and it looks a bit bulky. I'd get rid of the toolbox and find something smaller that'll fit with a more compact design. Plus, it still looks like the top of a toolbox. ;)

Personally, I think the second photo/idea is better. Looks like it'd be easier to wear but I'd still get a smaller toolbox.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:01 PM »
I like your idea. Only thing that strikes me is the size of it all. Generally, scouts travel light and it looks a bit bulky. I'd get rid of the toolbox and find something smaller that'll fit with a more compact design. Plus, it still looks like the top of a toolbox. ;)

Personally, I think the second photo/idea is better. Looks like it'd be easier to wear but I'd still get a smaller toolbox.

I'm with Ori on the smaller pack idea. If you can find a good view of my back plate. It is supposed to be a built in sensor/com pack relay. Its not large if anything at all. Remember you're a member of a highly advance warrior race. No need for big bulky items to get your job done. You have streamlined compact equipment that does a lot more than the bigger counterparts. ;)

Try to get the point across without making the pack overly large. I say loose the large tool box, if you want to keep the pitcher move it up to meet with the battery container top, and then find something(s) that will fill in the rest of the red area that the battery top and pitcher don't take up. I think you'll have a winner somewhere along those lines.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

DGphoto4u

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll have some new concept photos up soon using the advice.  ;D

What do you guys think of cutting down the tool box in half so if would be a lower profile? or is it just the look of it as well as the size?

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011, 06:12 PM by DGphoto4u » Logged

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2011, 04:27 PM »
I think the toolbox is to bulky as a whole. My person opinion.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:14 PM »
I think the toolbox is to bulky as a whole. My person opinion.

I agree. If you're set on having some sort of box on there, take a look at some surplus stores and see if they have any small plastic gun cases. If it's got a cool exterior pattern, that's sweet. If not, it's ok. Look for something that isn't more than 3/4 or 2/3 as thick as your jug/cylinder. Also check out anywhere that might have old plastic tool boxes (like the kind that some drills come in). Idea is that it's fairly plain looking but can still hold something if you want.

Key is that you don't need to spend a lot but you can still get something that'll work for you.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!