Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mini Mythosaur Skull Sword

• 1 Replies

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Mini Mythosaur Skull Sword
« on: Apr 01, 2012, 03:17 PM »
So a few years ago I created a Mythosaur skull long sword the WIP is here http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=24081.msg329299#msg329299
As a Christmas present I was going to make my 7 year old nephew a mini one, but thanks to a time shortage, it didn't get done. So since I have 4 of these lying around, (I am going to finish his for his birthday). I decided I would go ahead and post a WIP for this little project.
I scaled this down from the orginal version, now with this small of a size, I don't think I want to go any smaller. I carved this out by hand, I don't own a router, so this is chisel & elbow grease.

Changes that are happening with this sword:
Different blade shape - though I haven't drawn it out on the wood yet, that is the plan for today.

Different Handle/Grip - As much as I love the engraving in the other handle, I want to try out a rounded design

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Mini Mythosaur Skull Sword
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2012, 02:41 AM »
So I got some work done, though as you can see in the pictures, the handle has been epoxied with an angle...

unlike my original sword, I am going to fill in some of the holes that are around the face of the skulls. Since I am going to use filler staining it would look like poo, so it will be getting a layer of flat black, with silver and green high lights. I had to ditch the other blade, I now have a new one of red oak.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!