Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jobatt M'dano

• 31 Replies

Kiel'ani Cardas

• Remembering Princess Leah
Re: Jobatt M'dano
« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Somehow I sense a "thing" for brown leather... :)

Suddenly, Thaxos has appeared  :P
Armor is now of awesome proportions.

^^THIS!!!

darthmayhem

• Garyth Skyblade Taakure- Medic
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2012, 11:11 PM »
i was curious is that copper or orange for your visor and how did you do that?

-"O... that looks like it hurts, can i see your insurance card?"
-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Jobatt

• Goes where the money leads.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Thanks vode, for all of the compliments!

Somehow I sense a "thing" for brown leather... :)

Heh, not so much a "thing" as I really liked the way the color and texture complimented the gold plates. I wanted to incorporate a lot of brown in (the bits around my legs, wrists, and waist are all just cloth) and leather/suede/faux leather best fit the bill.

The fact that I also have a faux leather jacket that I love is just a happy coincidence. >.> I was actually planning on incorporating it somehow into my kit, and creating places to mount plates on it on the shoulders and arms. The books talk of Skirata's own leather hide jacket after all. That said, it's really falling apart now and I think I'm going to have to give it up soon. It's a shame, I like that jacket.

i was curious is that copper or orange for your visor and how did you do that?

My visor is actually rather simple. I got some thin transparent plastic from a local TAP plastic shop (thin enough to flex, but thick enough to hold it's shape), and then slapped on some mirror tint I picked up at Home Depot. then on top of that, I added a decorative window film. Specifically, I used this stuff here (see-thru, not privacy): http://www.wallpaperforwindows.com/pc/Color-Tint-Amber-Window-Film-p2099.htm It's a bit blurry, to see through, and takes some getting used to (I am hesitant with the ides of troops at night...), but it works pretty damn well. Still seeing if I can find a more translucent alternative, but this certainly works.

Additionally, my visor is just held in with some sticky back velcro. This way I don't have to worry about the plastic maintaining its curve, and I'm able to have multiple visors ready to go and can change them in and out as I see fit.

Jobatt M'dano - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=49720.0
Mando 0571 -  Events Trooped: 3 Unofficial, 17 Official

darthmayhem

• Garyth Skyblade Taakure- Medic
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2012, 06:03 PM »
ok aweome thanks ill look into that

-"O... that looks like it hurts, can i see your insurance card?"
-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Kiel'ani Cardas

• Remembering Princess Leah
« Reply #29 on: Apr 27, 2012, 10:57 PM »
The fact that I also have a faux leather jacket that I love is just a happy coincidence. >.> I was actually planning on incorporating it somehow into my kit, and creating places to mount plates on it on the shoulders and arms. The books talk of Skirata's own leather hide jacket after all. That said, it's really falling apart now and I think I'm going to have to give it up soon. It's a shame, I like that jacket.

Aww, that stinks vod :( I hate to see a nice leather (or wannabe-leather) jacket go. Thinking of turning it into scrap leather before it disintegrates? From what I've done with a great old pair of gloves, it shouldn't be too hard to scrap it, then create a new holster or pouch. In fact, simply layering it over an existing pouch/object and tacking or sewing it on should be done in less than an hour. Also, your pockets already have flaps n' snaps... just bind the edges, and bam! Ready-made pouch with realistic weathering and sentimentality. ;)

Jobatt

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #30 on: Apr 28, 2012, 05:33 AM »
I hope that works out Darth.

And Kiel'ani, I hadn't thought about that... I don't want to cut it up yet, but those pockets might well become patches for me in the future.

Jobatt

« Reply #31 on: Sep 08, 2015, 04:01 AM »
Been a while since I've poked anything into this thread. Just thought I'd drop off the latest version of my armor after I finished off upgrades a couple months back.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!