Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jay's Upgrades (Shock Infantry)

• 114 Replies

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Jay's Upgrades (Shock Infantry)
« on: Jul 09, 2013, 11:07 PM »
For a while I have wanted to join a brigade...Ever since getting my Pre Vizsla, I've decided to go Shock Infantry.
Before my kit was fairly light:

New upgrades are:
-Wrap around thighs
- Front and back full shins
- Neck armor
- Bigger Pauldrons
- New Helmet
- Bicep armor
I still have to add the ear caps/cannons and I'm thinking of making a new weapon.

What say you vode?  ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2013, 06:30 PM by Jay Krayt » Logged

Calder Varad

• AKA "Sunnyside"
Re: Jyvora's Upgrades (Shock Infantry)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2013, 11:11 PM »
 :o

That is all.

Take my love take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand,
I don't care I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me

M.A. #93
New Death Watch Order #10

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2013, 11:15 PM »
YES YES ALL OF THE YES.  ;D ;D ;D

Once you get the cannon/antennae thingies added to the bucket, your kit will be 100% perfect.

he/him
black lives matter!

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2013, 11:25 PM »
95%
Your lower body armour could do with some rounding off. Bottom of the knees, shins and yhighs (personal opinion). Otherwise spot on, get those earcaps and you are gold.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Holy crap! your giving me a run for my money, haha  :P 

Words cannot express how much I am impressed by the progression of your kit, and the latest is no exception, love it.  Great choice going Shock Infantry  ;)

My only suggestions would be maybe move your pauldrons a bit forward, so there tipped more to the front.  And I'd try and get another bigger gun, with heavy armor comes bigger weapons.  That is my current project, bigger guns!  :P

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Looking good! I assume you are going for the Heavy Assault profession? I'm on the fence about the earcap/ antennae bits, as the helmet doesn't quite look complete with out something there, but I think they would make it too wide. It's already bordering on giving you a bit of a bobble-headed appearance. One thing you could do to help fix that is really beef up the shoulders. Maybe something like clone shoulder bells just to add a bit more bulk to balance out the width of the bucket.
I also think adding the curved pieces to the knees would really help give them more depth as they look quite flat at the moment.
The paint apps on your kit look really good, nice job :)

Ronin Tavic

• Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2013, 12:02 AM »
This is pretty fantastic. like, in every way. I Second the notion to beef up the shoulders and knees, it'll help give them more of a presence to match the rest of this awesome kit.I have plans to try a clam shell fully enclosed bicep armor in the near future.. a similar design might help here too  :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2013, 06:27 AM »
What the too tall Hobbit said. I think the cod needs to come down an inch or so as well. Looks great!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2013, 07:51 AM »
What the too tall Hobbit said.
Oh you... :P

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2013, 07:56 AM »
Epic kit!

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2013, 08:08 AM »
What the too tall Hobbit said. I think the cod needs to come down an inch or so as well. Looks great!

:laugh:   hahahahha ....    but I do have to agree .....  ;)

Great looking Kit .....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2013, 08:25 AM »
Point. Which one of us?

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2013, 08:29 AM »
I think he meant me bro. You might be a too talk Hobbit, but im THE too tall Hobbit :P

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2013, 09:15 AM »
You're the OFFICIAL too tall Hobbit.

Caird you can be Gandalf.

/derail, I apologise for my shenanigans :P

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2013, 09:59 AM »
I love your kit ... but I kinda miss the old helmet. I really love your pauldrons and enclosed shins. Great work!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: Jul 10, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Nice upgrades  ;) .

I do agree on lowering the cod aswell as angling the Pauldrons forward.

If you're going the Shock infantry route, you want a heavy duty weapon. A heavy repeating rifle of somesort. Add some grenades too, they always help.  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jul 10, 2013, 01:19 PM »
I like the contrast with the lighter colours on th black and vise-versa

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2013, 03:26 PM »
Lovely Kit vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Luke Skirata

• Ibic Mandokar
« Reply #18 on: Jul 10, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Nice job!

Ronin Tavic

• Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 10, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Nice upgrades  ;) .

I do agree on lowering the cod aswell as angling the Pauldrons forward.

If you're going the Shock infantry route, you want a heavy duty weapon. A heavy repeating rifle of somesort. Add some grenades too, they always help.  ;)

Grenades always help. Always. And in my humble opinion, you need a rocket launcher. Like, NEED. that would be so many levels of awesome.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: Jul 12, 2013, 12:50 PM »
Upgrades look great, keeping an eye on this for further updates.  ;)

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #21 on: Jul 13, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Woot! Just plain awesome!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #22 on: Jul 13, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Yoou might benefit from doing a small cut on the back/center of the kama for a bit more mobility, roughly half-2/3rds of the way up seems to be the norm.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 PM »
Thanks vode! ;D
 In the past week or so I've gotten a lot done. I took all of your suggestions into account and most of them have been implemented into my kit. I still need to cut into the kama so it has better movement.
Run down of the upgrades:
-Bigger shoulder bells
- Wrap around biceps (Need to be trimmed down)
- Armored Kama
- Backplate data panel
- Clan logo moved to thigh
- Cannons and earcaps attached to helmet with bolts, nuts, washers and magnets. (Thanks to Vhett for helping me out with that.)  :)
- Beefed up knees
I'm trying to decide whether or not I should do shnees...What do y'all think?
And I'm trying to get a big gun. Right now I'm drawing up designs/gathering materials to make a rocket launcher. With more armor, comes more big guns.  8)
Application pictures for Shock Infantry. I think I did everything for Heavy Assault, am I ready to submit?

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #24 on: Jul 18, 2013, 12:40 PM »
I'd say you're good to go for Heavy Assault.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!