Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

TCW Westar 35 Pistols

• 41 Replies

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Re: TCW Westar 35 Pistols
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Very nice work vod. Keep it up!

Kade Tal'Vor

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #26 on: Aug 03, 2014, 09:28 AM »
Thanks Vode :)

Here's a quick pic of a set of the blasters with some paint on them. (no weathering at this stage though.)

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
(Today is a good day for someone else to die)

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
New Death Watch Order #13
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006

Zechs

• Overkill is underrated
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Aug 03, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Very nice sir!

AKA "Lightning Rod"

"Heh.  You survived?  I can fix that."

MMCC #1082
BOMB #41
MABEL #54
ALUMINATI #28

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #28 on: Aug 03, 2014, 11:16 AM »
They came out well! Even better with weathering.. Everythings better with weathering. Hopefully we can see that soon 8)

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #29 on: Aug 03, 2014, 02:02 PM »
That will look great with some dry brushed metalic colours. That should be all you need to make them really pop.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Kade Tal'Vor

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #30 on: Aug 04, 2014, 12:02 AM »
Thanks vode :)

That pair has gone in to the possession of my friend so I will leave the weathering for her to do to her taste and to match up with her kit. Mine are still sitting unpainted on the bench but I will be painting those up in he near future and adding weathering and drybrushing. Not much experience with that part of it so hopefully it will work out :)

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2014, 12:47 AM »
You'll be fine mate ;)

These were a pleasure to hold, they're about perfect size and the lights just work really simply and awesomely.

Kade Tal'Vor

« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Thanks Point, glad you liked them :)

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006

Kade Tal'Vor

« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:05 AM »
New Years Resolution - Get back to work on this kit and get it done!  :)

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006

Drako Katora

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #34 on: Jan 19, 2015, 03:09 AM »
Better get a move on, You've already skimped a few weeks  ;)

Kade Tal'Vor

« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2015, 10:44 PM »
While I was priming my armour plates I decided that I may as well paint up my pair of Westar 35's as well :)

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006

Drako Katora

« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2015, 12:28 AM »
A little late on your resolution but I'm glad to see these getting some attention  :laugh:

Kade Tal'Vor

« Reply #37 on: Mar 08, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Got a layer of silver on the pistols and then the light grey coat.

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006
« Reply #38 on: Mar 08, 2015, 01:52 PM »
These are really nice! I just started working on making a set myself (my first build for my kit!) and you have inspired me to set them up so I can use LED's in them.

Any advice on the LED's? I really like the blue - looks bright enough to be a flashlight!

Kade Tal'Vor

« Reply #39 on: Mar 10, 2015, 01:15 AM »
These are really nice! I just started working on making a set myself (my first build for my kit!) and you have inspired me to set them up so I can use LED's in them.

Any advice on the LED's? I really like the blue - looks bright enough to be a flashlight!

I got the blue LED's out of a battery operated light stick, kinda like a glow wand. Here's some on ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Free-Shipping-Multi-Function-Outdoor-Camping-torch-LED-Light-Stick-with-Whistle-/111505305767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19f63bf0a7

although I bought them locally, even managed to find some yellow ones for the blasters in the gauntlet. They are pretty bright and I think that the aluminium barrel helps with that by reflecting and channeling the light as they seem brighter in the blaster than they did out of it. Maybe that's just my imagination though.

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006
« Reply #40 on: Mar 11, 2015, 05:25 PM »

I got the blue LED's out of a battery operated light stick, kinda like a glow wand.

Oddly enough, I bought some of those for my daughter's girl scout troop! Here in the States, I have found them at Home Depot, Lowe's and WalMart. I will have to go and look for some this week. I should have the final version of my Westar 35 cut out this weekend.

I bet shining down that aluminum barrel they are brighter!
Thanks!

Kade Tal'Vor

« Reply #41 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:44 AM »
Finished off the blasters. I dry brushed some silver over the light grey and some metallic charcoal over the dark grey and then misted some black over the business end and then rubbed the whole thing down with steel wool once all the paint was dry.

That's all for now. When the rest of the build is done i'm going to have a go at making the Westar carbine that some of the Deathwatch troops used but I will probably start a new thread for that.

Beskar'gam WIP
Weapons WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Buy'ce WIP
MMCC #1213
IT-Mando #20
EMTS #128
MABEL #55
S.O.S. #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!