Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

redesigning and rebuild mandalorian Hunter kit

• 5 Replies
redesigning and rebuild mandalorian Hunter kit
« on: Jun 23, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Hi I'm seeking out people help on rebuilding a new version of my mandalorian Hunter Kit into a more Modern version.

there are element I would like to keep but haven't got a clue if they would pass on a modern mando armor such as
the skull pauldron

clawed gauntlet for mele combat

and last but not the least the tusk/mandible on the helmet cheek

Keep in mind that I want to make it MODERN but still retain a bit of the original concept. I'm aware the original lack a lot of element but this build will be from scratch. Any suggestion is welcome and I wanna make sure not to forget any element for the next kit.

Fire away brother and sister

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
Re: redesigning and rebuild mandalorian Hunter kit
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2015, 02:36 PM »
If you're going for a Beast Hunter look, You could probably keep the glove, and possibly the pauldron.  I really don't know about the mandibles on the helmet, but you could definitely paint them on.  If you don't want to use the bones again, you could get the same kind of glove armor but made out of metal instead, and paint a skull onto your shoulder bell in homage to your old kit.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2015, 03:24 PM »
The bone armor looks sick! there's no reason you couldn't use it in a modern kit. You could paint it and it'd fit no problem, or if you want to keep it bone I'd use that kind of off white color elsewhere on the kit. If you're keeping the mandible and skull pauldron you would do best to look at some of the beast hunter brigade rules. If you want to go for brigades. You could just as easily make a kick A** mandalorian without joining the brigades if you wanted.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2015, 01:51 AM »
that seem interesting but I don't have a clue about what those brigades are. I did some research on the board about Beastmaster but mostly found other member post not any specific on them or the rules you've mention. but from others build, it seem my mandible wouldn't be any problem what so ever. But I still need to look for the pauldron. if not I love your idea Kebii'laar of just painting it.

those info are good enough to be able to start on a build without worry. Just need to see if bone would be acceptable on an modern armor, or maybe layering bone on top of a modern plate

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2015, 05:45 PM »
The brigades are basically specialties within the Mercs, there's a separate set of CRLs specific to each brigade which tell you what you need to add/modify on your base kit to become a brigade member.  You become an official member and then you can apply to the brigade you've chosen to upgrade your kit to.   They're a good read and a great thing to keep in mind when you're building your kit. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2015, 09:03 PM »
it is something I would definitely look up for. I've found the brigade rules after some deeper research. As Beast hunter I wasn't far off with my original design without knowing. Well I'll focus on building a new kit and I could include most of the element I want to keep which is nice ^^

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!