Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Wyrr's WIP

• 6 Replies

WyrrCon

• Wyrr Cuy'an - they/them
Wyrr's WIP
« on: Mar 16, 2024, 05:24 PM »
I'm moving over to here so I can share my progress!

I've finished the leg armor today, tomorrow I'll fill in the gaps, sand it and start painting if the weather permits. It's all 3 mm PVC I plan on attaching with velcro and (faux) leather straps.

I am really glad I've got this done because while I love the details, adding them on was not fun :D I also have the arm braces in the same style, but with the primer and base paint on already:

I'm also posting my helmet so you can see the colour scheme I'm gonna use.

I hope to post more updates soon :) Any help or advice is appreciated!

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Wyrr's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2024, 12:35 PM »
More blue & gold for the win!

WyrrCon

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2024, 03:37 AM »
I have been a little busy lately but I managed to do some painting - it's still very shiny and will need some dirtying up, but I'm still happy with it. Hopefully I'll manage to paint the rest of the finished pieces next week.

I am also ordering a base for my flightsuit - originally I wanted to go with scrubs and have a two-piece flightsuit, but I worry about things untucking and moving around so I'm gonna go with this. It will still require some tailoring but it should work.

I also have some gray faux leather and gray poplin lying around which I will likely use for the vest. Once my soft parts are done, I'll move on to the chest armor drafting!

WyrrCon

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2024, 07:57 AM »
Just as I was looking for a flightsuit I managed to find a decommissioned RAF flightsuit and they happened to have one in my size!

I'll have to shorten the sleeves and pant legs and adjust the collar, but otherwise it will not need a lot of fitting which I am grateful for. I'll possibly make the legs narrower as I feel they are a little baggy. The slit pockets have a velcro so hopefully I won't have to sew them shut. Not sure if the external pockets will require removal? We'll see :)

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2024, 08:54 AM »
Love the blue on the armour, gorgeous colour. Nice find with the flight suit, I'd never have thought of an old RAF outfit, but the blue-grey is perfect.

"These are small, the ones out there are far away.........rangefinder to maximum magnification!"

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2024, 11:48 AM »
What era armor is it? If you're doing a Modern build, the cargo pockets are fine. However, if it's Post Imperial, they're a no go.

WyrrCon

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2024, 12:00 PM »
Oh, that's good to know! I'm going for modern, but I may get rid of the cargo pocket anyway, I think it may interfere with my thigh armor. I'll see how everything fits once I have everything painted!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!