Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Veran's Soft Part

• 13 Replies

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
Veran's Soft Part
« on: Oct 29, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Armor/flak vest:

Flight suit:

Cape:
(Just need to weather it)

Kamas, Loin Clothes, and Shemaghs:

Ammo belt and pouches:

Armor strapping:
Going to Using some industrial velcro

Gloves:

Boots: (Check)

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016, 11:06 AM by Hawkz10 » Logged
"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Veran Rex

Re: Veran's Soft Part
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2016, 02:11 PM »
Which one would work as a backpack

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Of the two packs, the second (plain olive) one.   The pattern of the first one isn't approvable.  Also, your flightsuit pants have a logo near the left hip that would have to either be covered by armor or removed.  Everything else looks like it should work once it's all together.  Those boots are likely to turn into a foot-swamp in warmer weather, so just be aware of that. :)

Veran Rex

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:07 PM »
Of the two packs, the second (plain olive) one.   The pattern of the first one isn't approvable.  Also, your flightsuit pants have a logo near the left hip that would have to either be covered by armor or removed.  Everything else looks like it should work once it's all together.  Those boots are likely to turn into a foot-swamp in warmer weather, so just be aware of that. :)
yeah the Olive one was the one I was leaning more too
And yes i know that's why I changed out my boots to different ones
And for the pants I took the logo off

Veran Rex

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Ok just found me a medical bag  :D :D

Are these boots acceptable

Which one looks better

And would any of these fabrics work for a loincloth/Kama/Garthbelt

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2016, 07:49 AM »
Ok just found me a medical bag  :D :D

Are these boots acceptable

Which one looks better

And would any of these fabrics work for a loincloth/Kama/Garthbelt

The med bag looks good. The boots are good but you'll need to remove the stars.  I personally like the white scarf better than the brown. And any of those fabrics will work for the kama, but I think the more earth-tone ones will look better versus the bright lime green.

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Veran Rex

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2016, 10:23 AM »
The med bag looks good. The boots are good but you'll need to remove the stars.  I personally like the white scarf better than the brown. And any of those fabrics will work for the kama, but I think the more earth-tone ones will look better versus the bright lime green.
Thank you for the feedback

Would something like this work as a vest
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T628U96?psc=1&th=1#mobile-twister_color_name_1477063115951
With out all the rest of the stuff

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2016, 11:52 PM by Aria » Logged

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2016, 11:54 PM »
Veran, good to see you off to a good start!

Please avoid double posting on threads as it is actually against Forum Rules (Sections 3.3). Use the Modify button at the top right of a post to add to it if no one has replied.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2016, 11:22 AM »
Thank you for the feedback

Would something like this work as a vest
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T628U96?psc=1&th=1#mobile-twister_color_name_1477063115951
With out all the rest of the stuff

It depends on how you're attaching your plates. I think you'd have a hard time if you used the velcro attachment has the fabric used for that vest would be hard to sew through. If you're doing magnets or snaps, maybe, but I think it'd be more work than it's worth to get it to the point of useable.

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2016, 07:19 PM »
I don't think that vest would be very practical to work with. What was wrong with the first one you had in the original post? If you're thinking of using a different vest, id recommend getting one from one of the vendors on the site. They're typically duck cloth/canvas and are made to fit you! Just my two cents.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Modern tactical vests must be pretty much fully covered - which tends to mean Heavy Legacy type coverage as the only visible parts will be a strip round the armpits and possibly a tiny bit down the side.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Veran Rex

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Here my new vest :)
Thanks to Aria

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 02:28 AM »
I think it looks lovely! (I could be bias though...  :laugh: )

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 06:22 AM »
I like it too! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!