Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

FooTheBoss WIP

• 66 Replies

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: FooTheBoss WIP
« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Those chest plates are looking good! I love the beveled edges!

« Reply #26 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Those chest plates are looking good! I love the beveled edges!
Thanks!  I'm going to have to redo some of the edges unfortunately.  I should have waited to do the sanding AFTER I formed the plastic :)

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Unfortunately shaping the plates tends to warp some of the features.  :rolleyes:

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 2018, 12:56 PM »
You fixed the floating  :D :cookie:

« Reply #29 on: Jun 21, 2018, 01:01 PM »
You fixed the floating  :D :cookie:
Saweeeeet!  It does look 100x better.  On to the shoulders and maybe lower body.  Thanks!

« Reply #30 on: Jun 24, 2018, 06:03 PM »
24 JUNE Update:

After multiple different paint schemes and weathering I think I got something I like.  I also weathered the vest.  I used velcro to attach the plates for now but if the plates are 100 percent OK I want to use rivets or snaps as well to make a more seemless transition between plate and vest without velcro showing.  Anywho here it is.  Thanks!

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
« Reply #31 on: Jun 24, 2018, 09:41 PM »
You may have mentioned earlier, but what method are you using to attach the plates?

« Reply #32 on: Jun 24, 2018, 10:04 PM »
You may have mentioned earlier, but what method are you using to attach the plates?
Velcro for now.  If these look good "position wise" Im going to place snaps.

« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Catastrophic failure on my armor..  time to take it back a few steps.  Good thing about that is now I can make my armor even better!

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:42 PM »
What was the catastrophic failure??

« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:44 PM »
What was the catastrophic failure??
Drove over my plates in the driveway....  they were drying LOLOL

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Drove over my plates in the driveway....  they were drying LOLOL

That definitely sounds like a catastrophic failure. They looked so good though!!  ???

« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:54 PM »
That definitely sounds like a catastrophic failure. They looked so good though!!  ???
R.I.P.  atleast I saved the templates and the shoulders are still good...  i have a massive amount of sintra.  Guess back to the cutting board lol

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #38 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:25 PM »
Oh no, that stinks. Sorry, vod.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Jun 26, 2018, 12:33 AM »
Weathering?

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
« Reply #40 on: Jun 26, 2018, 06:48 AM »

« Reply #41 on: Jul 04, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Back at it.  do the plates look ok to start painting? 

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #42 on: Jul 08, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Top point of the ab and bottom point of the fangs are still floating just a hair, but that can probably be fixed with more velcro, or a little bit of heatgun. In general, if you're careful and gentle, you can make minor tweaks to shaping after paint, but best if you don't have to.

« Reply #43 on: Jul 08, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Top point of the ab and bottom point of the fangs are still floating just a hair, but that can probably be fixed with more velcro, or a little bit of heatgun. In general, if you're careful and gentle, you can make minor tweaks to shaping after paint, but best if you don't have to.

Thats exactly what I noticed after I looked at the pics more.  I tweaked those points and they look gooooooood!  Ill update soon with some pics of the armor on.  I added snaps and also finished the cod piece. 

« Reply #44 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Update.  I painted the armor and also formed the back piece..  I realized after the pics were taken I should have taken a back pic.  When I get the time ill do a back pic.  I placed the shoulder bells as well this time and also have the cod piece shown. If you havnt already guessed I am literally trying to focus on 1 or 2 things at a time, getting the OK and then moving on.  Sorry about my posture, it almost makes things look crooked..  Things to work on for sure though :D Have a great one! 

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #45 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Good progress! Vest needs some tailoring around the arm holes, back plate needs some more shaping to fix the gaps between it and your vest.  May need to remove some material to make that happen.  One piee backs are a challenge, good luck vod!

« Reply #46 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:44 PM »
Good progress! Vest needs some tailoring around the arm holes, back plate needs some more shaping to fix the gaps between it and your vest.  May need to remove some material to make that happen.  One piee backs are a challenge, good luck vod!
You and I are on the same page.  Every time I examine the pics im seeing similar issues and already plan on tackling them!!!  But luckily easy fixes.  The back piece isnt painted specifically because I was certain it could use more shaping and yeah those arm holes are wierd :D  Thanks!

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #47 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:07 PM »
Means you've looked at enough kits to develop a good eye :) Awesome Vod!

« Reply #48 on: Jul 10, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Do I have to have the flak vest for the shoulder bells or can the shoulder armor mount directly to the flight suit?

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #49 on: Jul 10, 2018, 08:23 PM »
You don't have to have the shoulder tabs. The flight suit may let them sag and move around too much though.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!