Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Youth Female Armor

• 6 Replies
Youth Female Armor
« on: Feb 14, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Hey mando's I'm making a set of armor for my little sister for wonder con and I could use some help, I making her a Fett/Death Watch style armor. I didn't bother looking for any child size templates and just free handed some of my own and want to know if her chest armor is properly sized. Any guidance and help will be greatly appreciated since my cosplay experience is making Halo armor.

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2020, 05:10 PM by FlusherCape26 » Logged
Re: Youth Female Armor
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Yay mini-mandos!
The wizard of flight templates have some all the way down to 3'4" tall (they're labeled accordingly) - so you might try those! They're here under boba fett: http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-templates/
They look pretty dang good but her collar piece needs to come up higher. I've heard it described as supposed to be almost choking you  :rolleyes:
Spacing might need to be a bit wider between the chest and belly armor too.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2020, 07:30 PM »
I'd suggest cutting the collar in half, then taking from the centre of the collar and attaching it back together so it's not so wide, then resizing the chest and ab to match the new collar width.

The best fit will likely be when the side tabs over the shoulder follow the line of the t-shirt rather than being far wider.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2020, 04:45 PM »
I'd suggest cutting the collar in half, then taking from the centre of the collar and attaching it back together so it's not so wide, then resizing the chest and ab to match the new collar width.

The best fit will likely be when the side tabs over the shoulder follow the line of the t-shirt rather than being far wider.

So realistically how small should the plates be? Or could you give me a rough estimate on how many inches should be in between the edge of the torso and the plates?

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:35 PM »
This is a quick and dirty rough image, but essentially, the yellow lines mark where the outer edges of the plates should be, more or less:

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:16 AM »
Thanks Slade. Just about to boot my computer up to do that.
Normally I'd suggest a little smaller on the height too, but best to go for a small gap between plates and slightly longer plates for kids. As they grow you can shift the plates apart a little and get as much use out of them as possible before they're outgrown.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2020, 11:25 AM »
This is a quick and dirty rough image, but essentially, the yellow lines mark where the outer edges of the plates should be, more or less:

You're a Saint ❤ thanks you so much for this, I'll make these adjustments

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!