Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first kit

• 1 Replies

Downd019

• Kaysh meg miit'gaana, oyacyi (Who writes, remains)
My first kit
« on: Aug 12, 2020, 11:23 AM »
 Hello everyone, I am starting on my first kit soon. I plan to make a clone wars era armor and am working on what I want it all to look like. Is the Jango Fett  :jango: look the only variation of this armor or are there more?

I am hoping for a green/blue armor coloring and am uncertain as to what would be the best way to test my color choices. Are there any ways to test color ideas? Also does the armor color need to be solid or can they be patterned (example: scales or Damascus steel)?

I have a background ready for my character which is how I am basing my designs.

Any assistance or aid will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mando Name: Shev'la vheh Makabe (Shev)

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
Re: My first kit
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2020, 01:12 PM »
Clone Wars era does not require Jango style only. The modern CRLs are allowed for that. So you can look like Boba, like Jango, etc. As long as you follow the CRLs, you're golden.

Testing color schemes can work in MandoMaker. What I would first do is read this entire post: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153454.0 It is amazing and really helped me understand the process better, and has  a ton of great links. Then use MandoMaker and test out various colors. Also, you can always do it old school- print out  the mandomaker all in white, color it in with pencils to try out various patterns and stuff. That's more useful IMO for understanding patterns vs colors overall.

For real life color testing, what I do is take scraps of sintra and paint them to see how it looks. You can check out my Armor WIP to see what I did this weekend to tr y some stuff. It really solidified for me how to approach my new color scheme and also reinforced the technique I needed to use. Plus, it is a lot of fun!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!