Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A Yellow and Red Assassin Bucket

• 40 Replies
A Yellow and Red Assassin Bucket
« on: Jul 30, 2010, 11:27 PM »
I'm getting started on my bucket and I've been trying to work out some color schemes...

Let me know what you all think!

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: A Yellow and Red Assassin Bucket
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2010, 11:45 PM »
The middle one caught my eye, personally. . .

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2010, 11:47 PM »
I like number 2 and number 3 equally.  How come I can never be that imaganitive with color schemes? :-\

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2010, 12:02 AM »
I vote for #2.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Salvo Mereel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2010, 12:13 AM »
I like choice number 4:

;D

But if not #4, then I'll go with #1.

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2010, 12:53 AM »
I personally feel that #3 has the most eye-catching usability.  The yellow on the t-port is a bit bright, but fits well in the cheek recesses. 

Three for me.

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2010, 05:44 AM »
three for me aswell....

and incase you hadnt noticed....on the main forum...if this is listed as newest thread it actially says:-

a yeallow and read -censored-...

hehe i giggled when i spoted that one

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2010, 11:13 AM »
As I look over the color schemes a little more, I find myself second-guessing my pattens...

Does it make sense to block all the colors out in this manner?

Chucko

« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2010, 02:24 PM »
You know my vote ;)

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2010, 02:40 PM »
I like 3, but if you found a nice red polarized visor, 2 would be sick!

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2010, 02:44 PM »
Not really, just depends on how long you wear your bucket for.  For instance I have a Dark Green #5 welding shield for my visor and if I wear it for 3+ hours, everyone looks purple when I take it off.  Also you can't see the color red when you have it on.  I've tried mirrored red and didn't have much of a problem with it.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Tor'dola Magnus

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Not really, just depends on how long you wear your bucket for.  For instance I have a Dark Green #5 welding shield for my visor and if I wear it for 3+ hours, everyone looks purple when I take it off.  Also you can't see the color red when you have it on.  I've tried mirrored red and didn't have much of a problem with it.

I'm only planning my armor right now (just ordered plates, and about to order my assassin bucket) but I've work many different colored shooting glasses when my command goes to the range.  Yellow makes the world a brighter place, green does just what he said, red just makes the world look hotter....  if you really want to know an exaggerated reality of what any color would be, get a tranparent plastic of that color, and look through it... when designed for a lens or anything, the color won't be as intense.... unless of course you use something like a welding shield, that's cool, by the way, just WAY too dark for me.

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

Sev Teriik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #14 on: Aug 01, 2010, 05:51 PM »
anyone know if there is a premade visor for the new Assassin visor shape?
also where did you ge tthe mirrored red from? i have been looking all over and cant seem to find any

Double Tap : anything worth shooting, is worth shooting twice

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Sev,

I learned that "bikerchick", here on the Mercs has visors for the assassin helmet.  They are very cost effective, and I plan on getting one once I return from CV.  Send her a PM.

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

Sev Teriik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Sev,

I learned that "bikerchick", here on the Mercs has visors for the assassin helmet.  They are very cost effective, and I plan on getting one once I return from CV.  Send her a PM.

thanks Khaden!

« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Sev, bikerchick on the Trading Station forum here does sell pre-cut, formed/shaped drk green (like the ones boba used in the movie) for all the M-DSB helmets.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Sev Teriik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Sev, bikerchick on the Trading Station forum here does sell pre-cut, formed/shaped drk green (like the ones boba used in the movie) for all the M-DSB helmets.

nice now i just need to find some of that lovely red reflective tint for the out side ....granted i don't have me bucket yet but having the mats on hand helps to get off on the right foot

« Reply #20 on: Aug 03, 2010, 10:00 PM »
nice now i just need to find some of that lovely red reflective tint for the out side ....granted i don't have me bucket yet but having the mats on hand helps to get off on the right foot

If you're tinting it further, you may just want to buy a plexiglass sheet, trace, cut, and tint yourself. Putting tint on the welding visor might make it hard to see through.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Tor'dola Magnus

« Reply #21 on: Aug 04, 2010, 06:15 AM »

:) I'm glad I could give you an idea you liked!  I can't wait to get my assassin!

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

« Reply #22 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Alright, we have an update!

After many careful hours and putting up with the AZ heat, I finally have the buy'ce cut out and ready for paint.

I managed to find some graffiti styple spray paint at Arizona Art Supply in exactly the colors I need.

I'll post pictures later on today for constructive criticism.

Tor'dola Magnus

« Reply #24 on: Aug 29, 2010, 05:11 AM »
I like it so far.  Wish I wasn't in the middle of the pacific, maybe stuff would get to me faster and I could actually start my build!

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!