Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!

• 223 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Verd'ika Corps - NOW LIVE!
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2013, 08:18 AM »
Okay, here's a question regarding trooping...

Will Corps members with good looking kits (not store-bought foam Boba Fett suits) be able to troop the Star Wars Weekends at Disney?

I was under the impression, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Disney only asks select members of the 501st to troop for the SW Weekends parades.  They have to go through a checkup of their armor to make sure it's up to standards before being allowed and only a certain number of troopers are allowed.  I didn't think Mercs had ever been allowed to troop these parades and no one is allowed to enter the park in costumes or with helmets/masks covering their faces.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2013, 08:25 AM »
Tag is correct.

We've been trying to work out way into the SWW parade, but unfortunately haven't had much luck.

So the continued answer is "No, we are not yet part of the SWW line-up."  If that ever changes, we will make everyone aware and will do what we can to include as many as possible.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2013, 12:40 PM »
I actually wasn't asking about marching in the parade... Guess I should've worded that differently.
What I'm really asking is, as a Verd'ika Corps members, can I wear my armor to SW Weekends?

Tag, they'll let you wear costumes, you just can't have a helmet on the entire time. If someone asks for a picture, or if you want to have a picture made with the costumed Disney employees, or any of the actors it's fine to put a helmet or mask on for a couple of minutes.

he/him
black lives matter!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2013, 01:55 PM »
Tag, they'll let you wear costumes, you just can't have a helmet on the entire time. If someone asks for a picture, or if you want to have a picture made with the costumed Disney employees, or any of the actors it's fine to put a helmet or mask on for a couple of minutes.

If this is Disney's policy for park patrons, then I would consider it unchanged for anyone in Mercs or Verd'ika Corps.

Coreysnaps

• Kaiya Ardellian
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05 PM »
The official Disney Parks policy on costumes is that no one over the age of ten may wear a costume in any of their parks unless it is Halloween and they are attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Unfortunately, the Disney website isn't exactly functioning at the moment, so I can't give you a link.  However, there are more park fan sites out there than I can count, and if you Google the Disney Parks dress code, you'll find it pretty quick.  If you are over the age of 10, and you're in a costume that looks like a costume, they will deny you entry to the parks.

Here is a website that has the dress code (since Disney is down): http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/dress-code.htm

And here is an article about a girl who tested it: http://www.examiner.com/article/walt-disney-world-stops-teen-from-entering-park-due-to-dress-code-rules

Hope that clears it up for you.

"...I leave to the discretion of the MMCC merch officer." 

If you have a Supply question, please ask here: Here

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I'm indifferant to it, I don't really want to meet Furher Micky anyways.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2013, 09:01 PM »
 :laugh:

Oryon

• Ωryon: Honourable Duelist and Deathwatch Hunter
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2013, 11:37 PM »
I'm indifferant to it, I don't really want to meet Furher Micky anyways.

All Hail! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope Disney doesn't make all the Mercs say that when we troop... :-X

M.A.D. #031    M.A. #087    24er    M.A.B.E.L. #020    M.L.C.S. #19    WIP    Helmet

Deimos Ordo

• Nah....I'm good
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 75 official invasions. The most special of operatives Accessorised is the award for the best non-weapon prop. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2013, 01:22 PM »
During SWW(because its a Special Event) EVEN adults can dress up, No mask though, face paint ok, per the Community of Disney Park Lovers, per Disney. MMCC Members of course are still prohibited per our rules and we have helmets.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2921765

Verd'ika Corps question? - Can a Verd'ika here in Florida have a Buurenaar Verda Clan symbol on their armor?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:26 PM by Deimos Ordo » Logged

Coreysnaps

• Kaiya Ardellian
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2013, 01:39 PM »
I stand corrected.  Thanks for finding that.

"...I leave to the discretion of the MMCC merch officer." 

If you have a Supply question, please ask here: Here

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2013, 02:01 PM »
Verd'ika Corps question? - Can a Verd'ika here in Florida have a Buurenaar Verda Clan symbol on their armor?

That's something the local Alor'ad would need to give approval for.  Verd'ika Coprs is a separate entity from MMCC, but the Clan Leaders have the power to chose what amount of interaction the local Clans have with the Corps.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2013, 11:11 PM »
So has Manbrolorian been given the ok by Verdika Corps to troop Star Wars Weekends? That is the impression he has. I do not support that at all. If Official Mandalorian Mercs cannot troop this event than Verdika corps members absolutely should not be allowed to or encouraged to either.

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2013, 08:08 AM »
I'll chime in on this.

Firstly, as far as I am concerned, only Official Members of the MMCC should be attending Official events (Those are the ones where the clan is invited by another costume group, or a company to promote a day, event or convention).

With unofficial events (where anyone can turn up in costume), where we allow non members to test their armour out, I believe that it will be up to the command staff whether they allow Verdika Kids to be with the Mercs.

We all feel it important that clan command has a say in all of this and we trust that they will make the right decision based on circumstances presented.

The Council are getting together to form a guidance post for Clan command, we'll get it sorted asap.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Hunter77

• Nuhaatyc Kyr'am
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2013, 08:15 AM »
I was going to say that it sounds more like a Con type of deal here vs a troope setup by the club.  We can't really tell anyone no, if it's open to anyone.  Pretty much what Saz said... 8)

Hunter - Matt
Shonare Vhekadla Clan: #41
Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #663
M5: #0
``M5SP: #1
E.M.T.S. #71
B.E.A.R.D.S. #35
M.A.D. #39
M.A.J.I.C. #124
TASK Force #5
VRCA #42
My WIP = http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51744.0
My second WIP = http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=77814.0
My Flickr with Mando Events! = http://www.flickr.com/photos/hunter7752/sets/

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2013, 08:24 AM »
So has Manbrolorian been given the ok by Verdika Corps to troop Star Wars Weekends?

No he hasn't.   If he wants to attend SWW as a park patron, then that's his or his parent's choice.  However, he won't be trooping it representing the Verd'ika Corps.  MMCC has maintained an official stance of "No trooping at SWW until invited by Disney", and that extends to ALL branches, units, and sub-groups within the MMCC.  While VC has a separate organizational structure, it is still technically a sub-group of the MMCC.

Attending a public event isn't necessarily the same thing as an official troop.  You do have the ability to go to a public event as "yourself", and not as a representative of the MMCC.  Submitting invasion reports or publicly telling event patrons what group your a member of would then make you a representative of the group.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Thank you for clarifying Tom.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Tom beat me to it, but it has always been understood that representing the MMCC at SWW is off-limits to any MMCC member, official or non, until such time as we are officially invited to attend in that capacity.

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2013, 09:21 AM »
PR is working on a short guide for Clan/Squad leaders as to what they should and shouldn't be allowing in participation with Verd'ika Corps.  For the most part, the bulk of participation power lies with the Clan/Squad leader.  However, for official events it's going to be stressed that Verd'ika Corps not be invited to participate unless they are also "Verd'ika Members" of the MMCC.  Public events are an entirely different scenario however. 

I realize that's probably not what some people want to hear, but the reality is that Verd'ika Corps must run on different rules than the MMCC for the legal protection of the parent organization (MMCC).

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2013, 07:21 PM »
In this case, what can Verd'ika members do to get involved?  What kind of events would we be able to do (if any)?

"Duty.  Honor.  Mandalore."

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13 PM »
In this case, what can Verd'ika members do to get involved?  What kind of events would we be able to do (if any)?

This will come very shortly as we are all working on it to make sure the outline is very clear on what can be done.

I do know this is going to be a work in progress and at some times challenging for Clan's but we do hope that we can get this ironed out in a timely fashion.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2013, 12:32 AM »
Submitted mine so he can be involved too.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2013, 11:02 AM »
His app has been accepted , Congratulations to your young warrior

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2013, 06:54 PM »
His app has been accepted , Congratulations to your young warrior

Sweet, thank you.  Fingers crossed he gets his OM as well and I will have one happy little man.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2013, 02:15 PM »
I sent my application the first day (May the 5th) and I haven't got any answer, is that normal ?  :-[

Adapt or perish.

Ruusaan Ordo

• Profile Pic by Senaar Ordo
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2013, 02:27 PM »
PM sent Jair. :)

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Vega, Leah, Remo, Aaron

MMCC#0503-MAJIC#23-M.A.#103-MTS#15-QMG#05

PTCES by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!