Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

SWTOR Hunter's Exalted (Shae Vizla) Armour WIP

• 124 Replies

Ty'renn Argos

• "I'd sell my mother to the Jawas for a good hunt."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: SWTOR Hunter's Exalted (Shae Vizla) Armour WIP
« Reply #100 on: Jan 26, 2015, 11:24 AM »
I...I.... *opens wallet**bug flies out* CURSE YOU.

Why do you do such awesome things?? Incredible work vod.

Ni cuy' gar vod jii.

« Reply #101 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:51 PM »

So, I'm going ahead with prepping the larger helmet right now for molding; however, I'm also thinking of potentialy doing the smaller one as a ladies version depending on how it turns ou. What are your thoughts on this, guys? Would there be a point in starting an interst thread?

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

• Ni ven cuyi o'r ner haavlam
« Reply #102 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Vod, there's interest in getting hands on one of those beautiful buy'ces in this thread alone. Do it up.

Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #103 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:00 PM »
So, I'm going ahead with prepping the larger helmet right now for molding; however, I'm also thinking of potentialy doing the smaller one as a ladies version depending on how it turns ou. What are your thoughts on this, guys? Would there be a point in starting an interst thread?

Yeah, a bigger version of this for guys with oversized melons (like me) would go over quite nicely. Just let me know the cost.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5
« Reply #104 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Well, I guess that settles it. Two size versions of the lid coming up!  :D

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #105 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Not enough sellers offer smaller sizes, It can only be a good thing. xx.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #106 on: Jan 26, 2015, 06:31 PM »
I'm curious how you made the belt itself. Might have missed it. I would also be highly interested in one of those data pads for my kit if were talking prices.

« Reply #107 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:09 PM »
I'm curious how you made the belt itself. Might have missed it. I would also be highly interested in one of those data pads for my kit if were talking prices.

Belt build diary can be found on my website here

http://mynocksden.com/projects/swtor-hunters-exalted-armou/swtor-shae-vizla-hunters/swtor-shae-vizla-bounty.html

The data pad and everything else in my build will be available very soon!

Bansidhe

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #108 on: Feb 06, 2015, 02:26 AM »
I am working on a late crusader kit.  I am partial to Shae's but would purchase either in a heartbeat.  I could PayPal today. :)

Bansidhe

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #109 on: Feb 06, 2015, 02:28 AM »
PS.  I'm female so small buckets fit me even though I am tall!!!! 😄

Marec Bloodfin

• Mandalore will survive. We always survive.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #110 on: Feb 08, 2015, 02:28 AM »
I love everything I see in this thread.... :o

MMCC #1014
New Deathwatch Order #02
M.A.B.E.L #052
E.M.T.S. #121
B.E.A.R.D.S #083
M.A. #130
M.A.C.K. #06
« Reply #111 on: Mar 29, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Been a long time since I made an update. I've had to put my Shae Vizla build on hold temporarily to get my Sith Acolyte armor ready for C7 in Anaheim. But, in the meantime, I spent the past few weeks working on new CAD models in my downtime. I'm proud to present my SWTOR Merc Foundry helmet, which is now ready to be 3D printed. I'll be finishing up this and my Crusader warrior helmet after C7 is done, so I'll be posting updates then! In the meantime, here are some photos of the upcoming helmet.

« Reply #112 on: Apr 25, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Behold the Old Republic era Beskad sword. The WIP Thread is found here (http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=91458.0) for anyone interested in how I made it. This is not really part of the Shae Vizla build, but I will be adding this to my own custom SWTOR Mando armor that will be heavily based on the Shae Vizla set.

« Reply #113 on: Apr 25, 2015, 08:56 PM »

"If human extinction seems imminent, try to relax. You're just giving cephalopods a shot."

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #115 on: Apr 27, 2015, 12:16 AM »
There are no words to describe the awesomeness of that sword

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #116 on: Jun 05, 2015, 08:33 PM »

Sweet Jebus I need some of these.

« Reply #117 on: Aug 13, 2015, 03:48 AM »
After months of pause, the Shae Vizla (SWTOR Hunter's Exalted) armour build continues! Latest completed piece: the jet pack. The master was a monster to build given the complexity of the detail involved. It's cast in 6 pieces, is hollow on the inside (containing only some LED lights and wiring), and will attach to the back plate with magnets when all is said and done. I did a very hasty paint-job on it, so I will most likely be touching this up for the final assembly of the costume. Next stop: chest plate - being molded as we speak!

WIP photos are up on my website mynocksden.com already, but I'll have the explanatory notes to go with them shortly.

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #118 on: Aug 13, 2015, 04:10 AM »
Truly impressive!

F

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #119 on: Aug 15, 2015, 04:45 PM »
Your work is amazing, you are truely talented.

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #120 on: Aug 15, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Sweet mother of all that is dark and evil.... :o :o :o

This build is a labour of love, that much I'm sure of. Most impressive vod!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Tomar Laval

• I am a total Shiny but I'll learn.
« Reply #121 on: Apr 11, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Love this ... awesome stuff here. PM sent.

Good....Bad.....I'm the man with a blaster...
« Reply #122 on: Apr 19, 2017, 04:52 PM »
Hey guys. Been absent for a while, but the build is now completed. So, in 2014 I set out to make this armor set for my wife who was at the time developing quite a liking for SWTOR herself. Half way through the project however, we divorced, and the Shae Vizla project was put on an indefinite hold.

Then, in the fall of 2016, the folks at BioWare bestowed a huge honour on me by naming a character in Star Wars the Old Republic after me!

"Mynock" is a mando warrior NPC who can be found guarding the entrance to Shae Vizla's camp on the planet Darvannis in the latest STWOR expansion "Mandalore's Revenge". I had a little bit of say in the armor type, colour scheme and weapon he's sporting, so I had a pretty darn good reason to finish the amor! Below are some photos taken of me in Armor at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando 2017. I will be applying to the Mercs with this set shortly!

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them in this thread, or through email which is actually the best way to reach me.

Once again, all the WIP photos from this build are posted on my website, mynocksden.com.

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 05:21 PM by Mynock » Logged

Beviin Akaad

• Waffle’alor
« Reply #123 on: Apr 19, 2017, 07:39 PM »
 :o  :o :o

Impressive. Most impressive.

WIP thread: Pending
FanFic/Character backstory: Click Me!

Writers Bloc 006 | Oribru Akaata 020 | MLCS 009

Werde

« Reply #124 on: Apr 19, 2017, 07:53 PM »
This kit looked so good! I know I raved at you about the helmet in SWCO, but really the whole thing is just amazing. It's inspired my buddies and I to try and build some kits resembling our old SWTOR characters.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!