Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build (hopeful about the results)

• 8 Replies
First build (hopeful about the results)
« on: Sep 02, 2014, 07:29 PM »
Well I'm about maybe 50-60 percent done and im hoping to get some input from the forums so here are the finished plates

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
Re: First build (hopeful about the results)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2014, 07:45 PM »
Looking good.  It's a bit unfortunate that you didn't start a thread earlier.  You should post some pics with the plates taped to you so we can make sure they are sized/spaced correctly.  It'll be unfortunate if you have to cut them down (like I did) or worse re-cut them because they are too small.  Also, do you have a sketch or mando-builder output of what you want your final kit to look like?

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2014, 07:50 PM »
kinda sort no, i worked most of it out in my head and I'm using patterns for a 5.9 guy and i'm right around 5'8 so I think it should be fine.(read I got lids out of the trash and am running low

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2014, 05:26 PM »
here's a pic of my backplate haven't painted or done a hard mount yet and not sure if it's kosher or no

http://xela975.deviantart.com/art/Mando-backplate-481157349?ga_submit_new=10%253A1410211264

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2014, 06:31 PM »
The weathering on those plates looks good, but you might want to put a bit more on the edges.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2014, 06:35 PM »
I'm not sure if a segmented back plate like that is allowable, but check the Requirements and maybe message an app team member if you can't find anything in the requirements.  I think I remember something about a minimum sized solid piece on your back, but I could be wrong

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Kitala-Enby has one with even smaller segments, so it should be fine.  That said, that is an awful lot of plates to mount  :laugh:

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Yup, a segmented backplate is fine. That's gonna be quite the mounting job though.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2014, 06:41 AM »
No augment on mounting the backplate segments from me. My plan was to mount each on with a bit of a gap, I'll post a drawing of what i was thinking after i get back from class

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!