Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jakar Jasra WIP

• 98 Replies
Re: Jakar Jasra WIP
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 08:39 AM »
Update :D :D Ok so after taking a small vote with some friends and fellow vode I finally decided on the short snub barrel to make an repeater blaster. And I have found a sort of metal housing unit of sort perfect for a side magazine :D

Here it is on its own, it will be filled in and modified with a housing unit :D

Hopefully I can get his blaster done before LFCC :D

Redness

• Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 10:24 AM »
I dig the side mag :) Blaster is coming along nicely

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 10:31 AM »
I dig the side mag :) Blaster is coming along nicely
Thank you :D

Koshin Kast

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 11:17 AM »
Looking good buddy :)

First WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79379.0

Koshin Kuat Mk2  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=89548.0

Mk3 Koshin Kast 'Coming soon'

OM  #1095
 V.O.T.S  #39
 B.E.A.R.D.S #110
ALUMINATI #037
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23 AM »

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 12:42 PM »
Update :D :D

Ok so after some work with my friend we cut off the scope mount and swapped the inner pvc pipe barrel with a copper barrel. Then using a small stick and a cooker flame we heated up the copper pipe with some oil creating a beaten, worn look on the pipe as if it has seen lots of use.

Here is the inner barrel alongside the outer barrel with holes drilled and filed.

Barrels top view

Here are the two barrels both attached :)

Got some more grenades coming along :)

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 12:51 PM »
VERY nice! New front end reminds me alot of the Sten :)

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 01:31 PM »
VERY nice! New front end reminds me alot of the Sten :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Jun 05, 2015, 12:02 PM »
thats sweet vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #35 on: Jun 19, 2015, 02:15 AM »
excellent work !!  ;)
Thanks Talos :D

« Reply #36 on: Jun 28, 2015, 02:09 PM »
A pic of me with Sabine :D Had so much fun ^,^

« Reply #37 on: Jun 28, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Progress :D
Ok got some more progress on the MP40 blaster, applied miliput to the gun, adding more detail and sealing up any logos or any problems :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Jun 28, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Looking cool vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #39 on: Jun 28, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Looking cool vod ;)

Thanks vod !

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #40 on: Jun 29, 2015, 04:36 AM »
Nice clean work with the milliput on the upper reciever, it can be fiddly to work with!

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #41 on: Jun 29, 2015, 09:33 AM »
That blaster is really coming along, really digging the look.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #42 on: Jun 29, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Can't wait to see this finished, nice job  8)

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #43 on: Jun 29, 2015, 07:02 PM »
beautiful work mate, would love to see a bit more on how you make your frag grenades they are truly GORGEOUS looking  :o

« Reply #44 on: Jun 30, 2015, 02:03 AM »
Thank you so much everyone :D

« Reply #45 on: Jul 03, 2015, 11:07 AM »
Blaster is coming along nicely thanks to some help from my mums friend :D

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #46 on: Jul 03, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Great stuff - posting here so I can see how things turn out!

Love the use of real pieces of metal (something I'm trying on my wife's blasters) to help 'sell' the other non-metal parts and add a bit of weight.

Like the method for drilling all those holes around the barrel - piece of paper wrapped around (why didn't I think of that?) - just about to start building my blaster (based on the 1313 Boba) so will definitely borrow that technique!

I see the notes about using flour on the helmet - are you using that in a similar way to the way that rock salt can be used to create gravel-chipping effects? e.g. dust on with water, when it's dry overspray and then rub off?

And digging the colour scheme too - the off-white/beige really works for me

« Reply #47 on: Jul 03, 2015, 01:41 PM »
Great stuff - posting here so I can see how things turn out!

Love the use of real pieces of metal (something I'm trying on my wife's blasters) to help 'sell' the other non-metal parts and add a bit of weight.

Like the method for drilling all those holes around the barrel - piece of paper wrapped around (why didn't I think of that?) - just about to start building my blaster (based on the 1313 Boba) so will definitely borrow that technique!

I see the notes about using flour on the helmet - are you using that in a similar way to the way that rock salt can be used to create gravel-chipping effects? e.g. dust on with water, when it's dry overspray and then rub off?

And digging the colour scheme too - the off-white/beige really works for me

Thank you :D Well the way we do it if I remember correctly for the flour is to get the basecoat paints first done (Grey and sliver) then with some acrylic for the base chips then flour for the pitting effect if I am right.

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #48 on: Jul 03, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Thanks again - I think I'm going to have to try another weathering experiment (will post pics on my blaster thread) - rock salt worked pretty well to get large chips for me but I like the fine dusting that the flour is giving you - the paint looks much more like it has been eroded over many years.

I've used artist's latex-based masking fluid to get the larger marks, but will try using toothpaste since finding and rubbing off the masking fluid proved to be really hard work since it paints on so thin it's almost impossible to find under the topcoat once it's cured.

« Reply #49 on: Jul 03, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I am glad I could help also nice :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!