Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Barn's Brace of Pistols.

• 9 Replies

Barn

Barn's Brace of Pistols.
« on: Dec 03, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Well, the plan is for a pair anyway, but just one to start with.

Its funny that everyone says 'oh its a Han Solo gun', no one ever knows its based of an actual weapon lol

I bought a bunch of these a few years back, just hadn't got around to doing anything with them yet. It did come with a barrel, but my children took care of that :P

Heres a rough plan of what i intend to do. Large barrel, small under barrel, then a thin site type thing along the top.

Where its at at the moment. I need all the adhesive to set (up to a week apparently) then bondo and sanding time.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Barn's Brace of Pistols.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2011, 01:21 AM »
That's going to be a hefty pistol!  ;)

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2011, 11:19 AM »
If we ever actually attend an event together (somewhat unlikely given the distance involved) remind me to buy you a cookie for using the term 'brace of _____' correctly. You'd be surprised how often that phrase is misused.

As to the actual gun and its proposed future twin, I'm semi-skeptical. Gigundo pistols of doom always seem like a good idea, but they often don't pan out well. I'm interested to see where you go with this one.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Patrikar Dala

• Forever alone....watching you....
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2011, 12:03 PM »
My huge verp pistol is made out of mostly wood, and it works just fine for me :), I suppose it just depends on preference, resilience, and strength to hold the darn thing lol.

Armor: 100%
Soft parts: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Complete Mondoness!: 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Take a look at the naboo guardsmen's blasters as well as the brayar pistol. You will need to do a lot of work to make it look like more than a tube. Good start though, keep it coming.

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Lookin' really nice!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Barn

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:16 AM »
After grabbing a bargin, the above brace is on hold untill i finish the new one:

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:22 AM »
Looks like someone did some early X-mas shopping for themselves.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Barn

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Well, not just for myself :P

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:34 AM »
Lol, I love using that excuss as well.
Me:"But hunny there for the kids."
Her: "Really  >:(why did you buy three of them then?"
Me: "ah... cause... ah.. he tends to break things and I wanted extra's on hand ;D"

... yeah it never works, but then agian mine isn't as old as yours and he hasn't learned the art of distracting Mommy so I don't get in trouble :P

Have a good one,
Hagen

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!