Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Questions leading into new brigade build.

• 10 Replies

John Precal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Questions leading into new brigade build.
« on: Jul 08, 2020, 09:08 AM »
hello. So I'm looking at the brigade for my second kit.
I've decided to be a bit "high class" with it and basically be Ep2 Jango Fett with custom colors (looking at gun metal primary and darker reds like maroon for secondary) im going all out ,down to replica gloves, boots, flight suit, etc.
The primary questions I have will be in a list format below so as to be easier to answer case by case.

QUESTIONS:
Girth belt: is the Jango style allowed where its leather braided bolo cord instead of Boba style ropes?
Answer: Jango Fett style leather bolo cord girth belt is allowed.

Armor: what are the limitations on modifications? Would say for example, removing one of the thigh plates adding a Boba pouch in its place and then adding in bicep armor to one arm still be considered medium armor? Or is it strict jango style?
Answer: stay true to the Jango Fett level of armor, don't take away or add to, but slight shape modifications are allowed.

Soft goods: I didnt see anywhere on the allowance or disallowing of Kamas, are those considered to be ok or a no go?
Answer: kamas do not appear in source material and thus are not allowed.

Sigils: so I know there's been a big battle on the TM sigils over the last year or so, so im asking for verification. I know the TM logo with the Gold Shield behind it has been totally locked to Jaster Mereel (if I'm not mistaken) however after brigade approval would it be acceptable to have that same logo but change the sheild color to a different color (like red) and or change the shape of the sheild.

Gloves: what does it mean compliment the flight suit, does that mean that its like the flak vest and needs to be within a few shades? Or does this mean something else?
Answer: gloves, flak vest, and flight suit should all be around the same shade of color.

Helmet: something that I figure would be a no Brainer but I figured I'd ask anyway to make sure. The pin striping thats on Jango's helmet (2 black lines right above the molded brow) would that be allowed for a kit of this brigade?

All of these questions lead into my planning phase to my next kit and the direction I will be going and thus starting a WIP

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2020, 08:10 AM by John Precal » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Questions leading into new brigade build.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2020, 09:52 AM »
Are you going strictly for a Legends Open Seasons True Mandalorian or a kit that is a custom inspired by the True Mandalorians?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

John Precal

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2020, 10:17 AM »
Going for the bridgade itself.
Right now I'm on the fence of doing a custom one for the brigade or just doing Jaster Mereel. The answers to those questions are what my deciding factors are.

Also just read the other person's post and saw no kamas allowed, so that question has now been answered.

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2020, 10:53 AM by John Precal » Logged

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Careful on the double post! I'll merge your comments when I get back to my PC.

Give me a bit to properly answer your questions.  :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

John Precal

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2020, 10:54 AM »
Already fixed it for you haha.

And yeah ok, i also plan on just updating the original post with the answers so that others can use it as reference as well if they have similar questions.

Mi'ix

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Thank you!

I think that's a great idea. :)

As far as your questions go;

QUESTIONS:
Girth belt: is the Jango style allowed where its leather braided bolo cord instead of Boba style ropes?

The BRL states that girth belts are optional, but if you would like to have one that it is of a Fett rope style girth belt or one of waist wrap design.  The Jango braided bolo cord would be acceptable as it is of waist wrap design.

What are the limitations on modifications? Would say for example, removing one of the thigh plates adding a Boba pouch in its place and then adding in bicep armor to one arm still be considered medium armor? Or is it strict jango style?

I read the BRL as in modification of the armor itself in a slight variation of the shape.  For the True Mandos since, to my knowledge, we don't see them with just one thigh plate or bicep armor, I would rule against that and ask for you to maintain the standard medium armor.

Sigils: so I know there's been a big battle on the TM sigils over the last year or so, so im asking for verification. I know the TM logo with the Gold Shield behind it has been totally locked to Jaster Mereel (if I'm not mistaken) however after brigade approval would it be acceptable to have that same logo but change the sheild color to a different color (like red) and or change the shape of the sheild.

Is this the correct sigil we're talking about?

I think that's the sigil for all True Mandalorians so I have no issue with it being on a True Mandalorian kit.  Let me dig a bit more on this one to see if it is indeed restricted to Jaster, I don't believe it is though.  *stand by* 

Gloves: what does it mean compliment the flight suit, does that mean that its like the flak vest and needs to be within a few shades? Or does this mean something else?

To answer, really both your questions, it means that your gloves and flak vest should be a pretty close, if not exact color, of your flightsuit.  So, whether that's green, olive drab, light or medium gray, whatever you choose from those options, your gloves and flak vest should be the same, or close, color.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you making a WIP to flush out these early questions.  Provided your picture links stay active, this is a great way for you to archive your build to not only serve as a reference to others, but to show the app and brigade teams how you went about your build. 

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2020, 04:59 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

John Precal

« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2020, 01:42 AM »
yeah, I actually just ordered my Jango Replica boots today so im going to probably start a WIP here on this parent topic here soon.

As far as the sigils go when you ask, please also ask about modification to the sigil, because like I said if I remember correctly the sigil with the Gold/yellow sheild has been locked to just Jaster, but i haven't seen anywhere about a different color sheild like red, green, or blue, or even if the sheild was a slightly different shape.

Also, updated the original post to have answers that were given

ALSO updated post with new question.

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2020, 08:08 AM by John Precal » Logged

Azrayel

• Jorhaa'i pel. Kyr'amu an'kebise
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2020, 09:52 PM »
Just to drop in a note.. theres a reference for blue modified True Mandalorian sigil on a shoulder plate...

Hope this helps..

Mi'ix

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2020, 11:34 PM »
Oh, I like that!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

John Precal

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2020, 03:58 PM »
ok, sooooooooooo.... i have actually had a long thing ive been wanting to send you Mi'ix, that includes this sigil that i have had on the back burner for a while, so i guess now is the time to bring this up:

My proposal for a BRL adjustment:
Hello, I have been reading over the BRLs and looking at the source comics and something has caught my attention. Some of the True Mandalorians in Open Seasons Issue #2 and #3 have geometric shapes on their shoulders bells, one of which even clearly shows the same type of Mythosaur Skull that is on Jaster Shoulder but with a Blue Circle instead of the Shield. (Note picture 2)
In Issue 2 there is a panel of True Mandalorians with Yellow diamonds on their shoulders as well (note picture 1)

Now I know that these Sigils have been a controversial topic over the last year or so and I dont want to rekindle any dying fires with this, more so just wanting to see if a new addition to the BRL can be added.
I know the Jaster Mereel Sheild is locked down only to that face character and now the TM skull is open to all customs with no back ground. However my proposal is to allow brigade members the ability to add a geometric shape, either Diamond, Square, or Circle in the colors Red, Blue, or Yellow underneath the TM skull sigil. I feel this would allow people to pull more from the source material as well as giving a slight incentive for people to become part of the brigade and be able to wear something they can be proud of their brigade like every other brigade gets.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Mi'ix

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2020, 04:04 PM »
I'll bring this up with the Brigade Team and we can go from there!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!