Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

She-Fett WIP

• 75 Replies

toolguy301

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
Re: She-Fett WIP
« Reply #25 on: Sep 13, 2016, 01:26 PM »
I have used the sew on snaps.  Sewing the female side on each side of the flight suit legs & the male portion on the knee armor.  This allows for the knees to pivot up & down but keep them located well.  I have done this on both my kits, Boba Fett & Jodo Kast, which also use the elastic strap around the back of the leg.  This helps pull the back of the pants leg in & hold the knee armor up against the leg.  I haven't had to add any other type of attachment other than this on either of my kits.

Dala Aran

• OM #1641 "Slow is smooth & smooth is fast"
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #26 on: Sep 13, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Thankyou toolguy. This makes the most sense to me, since it allows knees to bend up/down. 
Have you found any of your thread that holds snaps breaking? I'm thinking I need to find some stronger thread.

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Sep 13, 2016, 02:51 PM »
Wow, impressive! I love the design. The belt and holsters are awesome. Can't wait to see this complete!

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Sep 13, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Wow this is getting really good Jaki.

Toolguy, that's a great way to do knees that I might have to steal.

toolguy301

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #29 on: Sep 15, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Have you found any of your thread that holds snaps breaking? I'm thinking I need to find some stronger thread.

I have been using a heavy duty polyester/nylon upholstery thread.  Using this type of thread I haven't had any break.

Toolguy, that's a great way to do knees that I might have to steal.
Thanks & I am glad to share.

« Reply #30 on: Sep 15, 2016, 03:26 PM »
You got some serious skills there Jaki. Keep going  :)

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Sep 15, 2016, 03:52 PM »
This look really, really good. You've done a great job translating this build from a picture to real life! Keep at it!

Dala Aran

• Awards Celebration Chicago 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #32 on: Sep 23, 2016, 07:22 PM »
This kit is finally near the end!
Today chest armor DONE! Love my wookie braids.
Helmet next, then gauntlets and comm pack.

And back armor done. Mando letters took forever to draw. I'll be adding a small removable comm pack to back armor with magnets.

And comm pack will be something like this, still working on design.

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2016, 05:11 PM by Jaki » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Sep 24, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Looking very good!

Dala Aran

« Reply #34 on: Oct 06, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Helmet done!

Not too happy with ear pieces since no matter how much I sanded them they were rough and dimpled. They don't look like metal.
But happy with the back. I added a circuit board from an old remote control to show through the keyslots and added a red bicycle light to shine through.
It's a tight fit, so I might need to find a thinner light.

« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 02:05 PM by Jaki » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #35 on: Oct 06, 2016, 02:04 PM »
Very nice!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #36 on: Oct 06, 2016, 03:54 PM »
That is fantastic!

Ne shab'rud'ni - "Don't mess with me"

Cavious kit WIP

Cabur Akaata #86
Oribru Akaata #18

Dala Aran

« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2016, 02:28 PM »
Almost there! I'm actually surprised this is turning out ok from a 2D animation to 3D me :)

I just need to make some minor fixes and finish right gauntlet.

Question for everyone: How do people hold up their gauntlet cable under armor vest shoulder?

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 75 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Question for everyone: How do people hold up their gauntlet cable under armor vest shoulder?

Looking good Jaki!

I asked the same question when I was looking to attach gauntlet cables to my kit.  My Alor'ad suggested I reach out to someone (I can't remember who) and ask them how they did it.  On my kit I added a double sleeve:

I then used a key ring and a safety pin to connect the hose up under my double sleeve, in your case you could add it under your flak vest shoulder bell.

You'll have to adjust as needed when trooping to avoid unnecessary jabs.

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2016, 06:31 PM by Karl Dha'Werda » Logged
Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 96
mandalorianarmour.org

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #39 on: Oct 14, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Fantastic work Jaki! Your kit has really come to life.

You'll have those kill stripes by your name in no time!

Oya vod!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #40 on: Oct 15, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Similar idea here but a little more long wearing without risk of being stabbed by a safety pin - I sewed a small leather loop to the top shoulder seam of my flightsuit between the inner and outer sleeves. Then hooked a keyring through it that hoses can attach to. (also useful for attaching bicep armour to)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #41 on: Oct 15, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Almost there! I'm actually surprised this is turning out ok from a 2D animation to 3D me :)

I just need to make some minor fixes and finish right gauntlet.

Your armor definitely looks like something that would be in a future star wars movies.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 75 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #42 on: Oct 15, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Similar idea here but a little more long wearing without risk of being stabbed by a safety pin - I sewed a small leather loop to the top shoulder seam of my flightsuit between the inner and outer sleeves. Then hooked a keyring through it that hoses can attach to. (also useful for attaching bicep armour to)

This ^ ^ ^ is a must do upgrade for me.  Thanks Kris.  Safety pins are not so fun jabbing into you.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 96
mandalorianarmour.org

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #43 on: Oct 15, 2016, 05:25 PM »
I love your kit vod! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress!

« Reply #44 on: Oct 16, 2016, 03:54 PM »
Very very nice work. Stylish,Nothing over done or underdone.

Dala Aran

« Reply #46 on: Oct 20, 2016, 11:23 PM »
I'm debating adding a cape to my kit.
Do people generally like Boba capes?

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: Oct 20, 2016, 11:24 PM »
I'm debating adding a cape to my kit.
Do people generally like Boba capes?

I think they look great if they're done right! :)

« Reply #48 on: Oct 21, 2016, 12:06 AM »
I think they look great if they're done right! :)

Agree 100%, as with anything, I think it adds to the character, can have a function
How's it going to hang, fett style, poncho style, how badly weathered/ damaged is it etc
I think a cape is cool, it can hide movements, can break up the silhouette etc...

Bariikas Talgal

• Leave a legacy worthy of a song
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #49 on: Oct 21, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Capes are always cool! but I'm baised... :P

Retired MMCC: #1608

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!