Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A question regarding a bucket for a Late Crusader armor.

• 2 Replies
Hello everyone My name is Sander,
After having this acount for a lot of years, I finally decided to actually become a Mando haha.
I created this account as a kid because I always dreamed about being a Mando, but I never did anything with this acount haha because I didn't even know anything about cosplaying in general, but now with two years of cosplay experience, I finally decided I really want to join the Elite. I will be joining Clan Diryc Vhetin if all goes well because I live in the Netherlands.

But now on to my question, I really want to do a Late Crusader armor because I am a big fan of the KOTOR timeline I've played the games and have the entire comic collection from KOTOR in my book case haha. So you could say I am a KOTOR nut haha. Mostly because there are so many and diverse Mandalorians within the KOTOR timeline. So I'd love to do a Late Crusader armor, I'd also want to do a Neo Crusader in the future but for my first kit I'd like to do a Late Crusader.

Now my question is regarding a helmet, I'm a big fan of the first Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett concept helmet. And similar helmets can be seen in the KOTOR comics, and some even in the SWTOR game, now I have a file of a Rako Hardeen helmet, as seen in the Clone Wars, but I was wondering am I allowed to use that helmet for a Late Crusader armor? I'll be of course giving the helmet a different color scheme and I won't be using the antenna/rangefinder. I'd really love to start working on the helmet in pepakura form as soon as possible.
So please let me know if I can use this helmet.

A picture of the helmet in question.

And a picture of a simular helmet in the KOTOR comics.

I hope to hear from you all soon and thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Sander de Boer.

Traat'aliit gar besbe'trayc

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: A question regarding a bucket for a Late Crusader armor.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2016, 01:35 PM »
hi sander, welcome to the mercs. if you look in the helmets section there is a list and i believe it does say you can use the mquarrie proto fett v1 for both a late crusader or a modern kit.

Re: A question regarding a bucket for a Late Crusader armor.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2016, 03:46 PM »
hi sander, welcome to the mercs. if you look in the helmets section there is a list and i believe it does say you can use the mquarrie proto fett v1 for both a late crusader or a modern kit.

Thanks for the tip Jett,

I'm kinda new to all this haha, I'll definitely check out the Helmet section.
I heard the McQuarrie v1 helmet was usable for a late crusader armor but since this one was a variation used in the clone wars I wanted to check, I just want to know for sure I can use this to become a OM haha.

Traat'aliit gar besbe'trayc

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!