Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tact Kor - Jetpack

• 24 Replies

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Tact Kor - Jetpack
« on: Aug 06, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Hello

I just realized that only OM can see the brigade builds so I thought I would post my Jetpack here. I am really happy with how this is coming along;

It took a while to decide what kit to order but I decided on NME props, the kit is well priced and Marcus did a great job of preping it, I had almost nothing to fix, just put it together and voila!

Here is it with the base silvers.

I decided to use the K-Mart edtion Jodo Kast as for the color scheme, here is what his JP looks like;

Here it is with the yellow;

After the yellow I realised that I would need to apply the paint a bit differently than the toy as the lines wouldn't look right so here is what I came up with;

Now I need to add some stripes on the top canisters, the beacon etc. and I will use the same symbols as the ROTJ JP.

Cheers

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Tact Kor - Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Nice work so far ;) .

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Hot damn diggity that looks nice :D

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Hope mine looks as sharp mate :D

Excellent job

A Good Combatant know's when to dump liability kit. Seems NOT all Mando's know this.

"Dump the Jet Pack to fight another day"

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Hope mine looks as sharp mate :D

Excellent job

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing yours get built, I will be posting some photos on my harness and attachement method in the next couple weeks I've got little league playoffs right now so not much time to work on this  :(

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2013, 01:59 PM »
I Look forward to those photos as I have yet decided how to tackle the harness. So all input currently is GREAT input.

Good luck on the little league BTW and four of my own so know how that works LOL

A Good Combatant know's when to dump liability kit. Seems NOT all Mando's know this.

"Dump the Jet Pack to fight another day"

Tact Kor

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Here is what I got done over the weekend;

Using a back pack with chest and waist straps for my harness;

Cut down a heavy duty wall hanger to create the upper Jp hangers along with straps that have rings sewn on the ends that will attach to the harness later;

I cut out the back plate trap door for access to attach the hooks and will be trying to use a PVC pipe to attach the thrusters...

and here is where I am at with the painting for now;

Any suggestions on how to attach the trusters so that they are removable is appreciated.

Thanks

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2013, 03:31 AM »
You could counter sink the head of a bolt into the thruster post, fix it in with some epoxy, drill a hole in the port in the body of the pack and use a wingnut to hold it on. There is always the magnet route as well.

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2013, 05:28 AM by MC-3P0 » Logged

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2013, 12:36 PM »
That's a slick jetpack, nice paint application!

Tact Kor

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Thanks guys, I am still debating the thrusters... Not sure I want to keep the yellow...or the orange...hmm also I still have not decided on how to attach them.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2013, 03:50 PM »
As it is, i think you've done a fantastic paint up.  8)

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2013, 03:56 PM »
looks like a great JP to me ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tact Kor

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Thanks guys

I can't stop looking at it, I might hang it up in the bedroom...can't wait to hear what me wife will have to say about that  :P

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Just don't start whispering sweet nothings to it ;) .

Tact Kor

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Oh that's been going on since day one  :laugh:

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2013, 08:09 PM »
For the thrusters, there are some quick disconnect hose connectors that use a sleeve and spring loaded bearings...if you can get them incorporated for you to Still aesthetically work then your set: they'd be able to pivot AND be removable.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Tact Kor

« Reply #16 on: Aug 14, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean kinda like on a air compressor hose, it might cost a bit more to get the and Im not ure how to attaché them as the thrusters fit into the pack.

I think I will use a threaded end cap glued into the male part of the thruster with a thread inside the pack then I can just screw thm in.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2013, 10:26 PM »
I was thinking about that in PVC as well... You just want to make sure that when its screwed on all the way that the thrusters are on straight or at least even :x

The advantage to pivoting thrusters is you can turn them a bit so the jet pack can stand on its own in some cases...other than that you have to worry about them getting crooked on you >.<     I guess if you have other mando'ad around they can help you avoid such things from happening, but usually they can be a pain if your trooping alone or with arouriice :/

Edited for language. -Thaxos

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2013, 12:57 PM by Thaxos » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Tact Kor

« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Alright I still haven't been able to get the Jetpack on my back but I am getting closer.

Mounting hardware installed;

Some weathering done;

Still need to attach the thrusters, beacon, and antenna, then finish sewing the harness hooks. I've got three more weeks to Mtl Con, It will be ready!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Moscou

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2013, 06:36 PM »
WOW Love IT!!!!!  :o

You will Rock with this!!  8)

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2013, 06:40 PM »
If you've got three weeks you'll get those last little bits finished off easily :)

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Your rocking the paint job on this jetpack!  8)

Tact Kor

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Woohoo! Finally someone noticed  ;D

I am really happy with it.

Tracyn, you'd think that three weeks is long enough but between my little league team, work, and redoing my sons room, well time is ticking but it will get done.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Ser'Al-val

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2013, 02:45 PM »
se ve genial, sigue adelante.

V.R.C.A              #023
B.E.A.R.D.S        #079
M.A.D                #044
MANDO RIDER   #???

Only the blood of my enemies can appease the anger of my being

Tact Kor

« Reply #24 on: Sep 08, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Gracias  ;D

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!