Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Aquatic Mando needing help

• 7 Replies
Aquatic Mando needing help
« on: Jul 30, 2018, 06:49 PM »

My name is Angela and I am  new here and am starting my very first Mando.. I'm doing an aquatic Mando and am wanting to add some aquatic aspects to my Mando but am unsure of how to do that without going overboard. I do not want to do a crossover. I know I am wanting to add some scales(like mermaid/fish) and possibly some barnacles to my bucket and armor. Like I said, I am new here and I do have pictures of my work so far, and I will post them as soon as I figure out how to do that :D Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 😊

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Aquatic Mando needing help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2018, 12:09 AM »
The best advice I can give you is to start with something Mandalorian, and then add acquatic accents. Don't start from something acquatic and try to make it mando :)  Sounds like that's already what you're aiming for. 

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2018, 01:30 AM »
I would suggest to design a mando with similar elements to Scuba Clones and start from there:

Scales and such could be made as a paintjob theme.

Kurz

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2018, 06:51 AM »
The scuba clone idea is just perfect. In the end you should go with an oxygen tank-backpack, couple of hoses to your helmet, and go with hydrodynamic shapes, like avoid  squared frames and go with soft curves, and some fins here and there (gauntlets, helmet, back, back of the shins).
Beside armor design, i think you should ask yourself of you want to go in the scuba assaultman (woman), or the aquatic beast tamer/hunter.
In the first case i'd go with grey colors (warships and submarines are gray) and think about tactical equipment, modern materials, maybe an harpoon rifle or similar, fins hanging on your belt.
If you go with the beast tamer or similar way, you can go with more common tools, use canvas, or burlap, blue and green colors, fishing trophies. Maybe a net or a spear/trident.
It really depends on where you are heading.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 07:47 AM by Kurz » Logged
OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

digitalviking

• Ammon - haar Ve'vut Solus
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2018, 10:50 AM »
I like the idea of using grays and bright aqua colors as accents. The color scheme is really up to you! If you want to do scales, I'd suggest looking at Star Wars fish for that concept. In fact, probably the best inspiration you could get is watching the Clone Wars episode with the battle of Mon-Cala, lots of good stuff there!

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2018, 12:59 AM »
You should definitely check out cknight68's thread:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=154640

He has a lot of good ideas and his kit came out great!

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2018, 12:02 AM »
remember that you have to actually be able to troop in the kit and sacrifices for ease of living and moving have to be made vs. the aesthetic of the kit.

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Also, for help with posting pictures, check out this thread.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!