Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

True Mandalorians

• 136 Replies

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
Re: True Mandalorians
« Reply #125 on: Aug 02, 2011, 08:02 PM »
This is very easy - if your parts do not match the CANON reference material, then you do not meet the MP, TM, or other canon brigades REQUIREMENTS.

1. Look at the reference pics.
2. Do your parts match in style and color? If no, then that is your answer.

Dresdon - your armor does not fit the bill. Your gauntlets might...

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 08:07 PM by Gesai Boklast » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #126 on: Aug 02, 2011, 08:37 PM »
I'll chime back in...

The squad markings in the artwork are only seen on members with red and blue. None of the yellow marked guys had them. I havent 100% double checked that but, after recommending those marks it was pointed out to me the yellows don't have them.

All the canon references for True Mando's are in Open Seasons and none had stock  earcaps. All had the comic earcaps. For maximum accuracy which I believe is the point here, those should be used, not stock caps.

The white cheeks was something I forgot to removed when I modded the same post from the MP's  :-[

Id disagree on the green. I think, like the fight over is Jodo caution yellow or pumpkin orange, the green is a trick of the coloring not the actual flightsuit color. It doesn't seem consistant from frame to frame or even on the saem flightsuit in the same frame.

The only reason a neckseal wasn't mentioned is Jango and his lack of one. If the guys want to add it, Im good for it.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #127 on: Aug 02, 2011, 08:51 PM »
My thoughts, cross-posted.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
« Reply #128 on: Aug 02, 2011, 08:57 PM »
I think that the red [ ] should require a jetpack since it was used for Montross's unit.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #129 on: Aug 02, 2011, 09:01 PM »
That's a good point as well Haro. And those are the little things we need to catch. Wearing the red [  ] requires a jetpack, wearing a jetpack doesn not in and of itself require the [   ] though.

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #130 on: Aug 02, 2011, 09:09 PM »
That's a good point as well Haro. And those are the little things we need to catch. Wearing the red [  ] requires a jetpack, wearing a jetpack doesn not in and of itself require the [   ] though.

Yes, one day we will have all the little things figured out for each color and style. Then the next day we will die of old age. Sorry, I had to make a joke about it. But seriously, I think we are getting there.

WIP: www.goo.gl/WhPpc
Helmet 50/50% www.goo.gl/fHFE0
Soft Parts 70% www.goo.gl/hSMyM
Armor 75% www.goo.gl/JTtNO
Gaunts 100% www.goo.gl/NvRA6
Weapons 85% www.goo.gl/7JEef
Backpack 50% www.goo.gl/0CwLn
Droid 20% www.goo.gl/yisvW

"Nan utreekove ber, kisol kyrayc." : www.goo.gl/zXZBx

My website: http://novothule.com

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #131 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Looks like im out of True mandalorians too LOL not a problem  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #132 on: Aug 03, 2011, 08:30 AM »
Dowe nescesarily HAVE to be in a brigade?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #133 on: Aug 03, 2011, 08:46 AM »

No. Please calm down and read posts. ESPECIALLY in the brigades section.

You are spamming away in important conversations.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #134 on: Aug 04, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I don't want to be rude, but it is stated in at least a dozen different places that the brigades are optional, including every single 'announcement' in regards to the Brigades.

1: I agree with coverage and the green, but the 'grey' looks like it's meant more to be gunmetal than light. The only time it looks light is when it's reflecting a light source, which is where you can argue in favor of it being silver. As to the backplate: can be of standard Fett design, or one of the two segmented styles shown in OS:

The < > ( ) and [ ] are definitely only depicted on 'leaders'; Jaster, Jango and Montross.

2: Agreed.

3: Standard Fett-style helmet with OS-style ear-caps (definitely agree that they're never shown with standard ear-caps) and with RF. Primary color to match armor, visor-frame/mandibles red, blue or yellow-orange.

4: Flightsuit, agreed again; the only time they're shown green is when the characters are in the background, a common comic book artistic tool to make the foreground more eye-catching. When the exact same individuals are shown in the foreground, the flight suits are grey or bluish.

5: Same-same as MPs; essentially Fett-style in appearance, but the pouches don't have to be exactly Fett pouches as even Jaster is shown with slight differences to the belt.

6-7: Agreed and Agreed

8: I agree with requiring a jetpack with the [ ] as it's possible that that squad symbol denotes a jetpack-enhanced squad. Otherwise, jetpacks optional but must be of canon design (Jango, Boba or TCW hybrid).

9: Agreed; variants allowed, but must be styled after Boba or Jango's.

10: Agreed.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
« Reply #135 on: Aug 04, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Which one of us are you agreeing to?  ???

There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #136 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Apologies, I should have been more specific; except where otherwise noted, I was agreeing with Falin's initial post. One change I'll make now, though, is about the flight suit and the double-sleeve; I agree with your suggestion of making the double-sleeve optional, as there are plenty of depictions in the comic that don't show the double-sleeve.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!