Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kaiden Itera's WIP kit

• 11 Replies
Kaiden Itera's WIP kit
« on: Apr 23, 2017, 11:01 AM »
Had an old kit which had alot of problems and i was never really happy with so a complete remake is in the works.
New kit will be aiming for the Brigades (urban assault).

Initial drawing for the new kit. Drawing isnt my strong point so its a mess...

old helmet  after being sanded down.

new plates being measured out and positioned as a paper template. then cut out into 6mm sintra.

once cut out.

helmet will have the earcannon antennae removed then moved down and back. will be mirrored on both sides.

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017, 03:13 PM by Kaiden Itera » Logged
Re: Kaiden Itera's WIP kit
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2017, 08:11 PM »
Looking good, ner vod

~ Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe ~

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2017, 08:19 PM »
I like your concept!

How is your arm movement with the plates? They look a bit wide to me and might need a trim.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Ashen Kelborn

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din - Family is more than Blood
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2017, 06:02 AM »
I like your concept!

How is your arm movement with the plates? They look a bit wide to me and might need a trim.

The black is deceptive :P, he's moved his arms into a front clasp and up and down to make sure he's not limited, the thickness may create and issue but we'll trim the top edges if they do  ;D

And yes, he has the unfortunate luck to have me "helping" him (otherwise known as do this, cut that lol) :-)

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2017, 08:57 PM »
Well if he's got you, then I'd say he's in good hands!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:47 AM »
Well if he's got you, then I'd say he's in good hands!

Thanks for the vote of confidence  ;D

Garretjax

• OM# 1999
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Impressive design and the ear caps look great on the stalker. Can't wait to see how this turns out

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2017, 06:25 AM »
Bit of an update for helmet and mock up with all the plates, thinking of putting the shoulders away from body a bit as they are looking a bit flat this close.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: Sep 16, 2017, 07:48 AM »
You've got a fair bit done there, very nice start. Just a few things that you'll need to look at before you get too far.

Chest plates are a little too long, Take a bit off the bottom of the chest plates and the bottom of the ab and move those upwards. Then add an extra couple of lames to the top of the cod to shift the place where the belts sit upwards to the waist rather than ending up slung on the hips.
Thighs will need shaping. They are currently just bent around the leg - they need shaping top to bottom, this may require darting if you have well pronounced muscle there.
The shoulders currently look more like fallen down pauldrons :P I would highly recommend cutting them down and shaping them to the body, at the moment they are not shaped to fit at all.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Sorry for seeming blunt, its not intentional I'd just like some clarification from the input given and not very good at padding out my questions to be more PC:

You've got a fair bit done there, very nice start. Just a few things that you'll need to look at before you get too far.

Thanks you and kinda expected :laugh:

Quote from: Kris Jasra
Chest plates are a little too long, Take a bit off the bottom of the chest plates and the bottom of the ab and move those upwards.

Please define "A bit" in either mm or to a point of reference of body eg: in like with belly button etc

Then add an extra couple of lames to the top of the cod to shift the place where the belts sit upwards to the waist rather than ending up slung on the hips.

What are lames? ???

Thighs will need shaping. They are currently just bent around the leg - they need shaping top to bottom, this may require darting if you have well pronounced muscle there.

Currently they are attached only with duct tape at the top so the flare out, this may be distorting how your seeing them as they are based on and shaped like death watch thigh holsters.

The shoulders currently look more like fallen down pauldrons :P I would highly recommend cutting them down and shaping them to the body, at the moment they are not shaped to fit at all.

They are going to be padded out like Vor'en's (my yellow kit), so they will be projected somewhat from the body, I had a feeling we should have done so before the pictures, but Kaiden was very keen to see what it all looked like together.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Half inch/10mm should do it.

A lame is a band of segmented armour. So on a Legacy kit the ab plates are all lames :)

Possibly the duct tape. Do double check, even Death Watch ones sometimes need shaping to fit that way too. No matter where I put my thigh armour it has to be fully shaped not just rolled round the leg :(

If you're going for that look I'd suggest doing as your kit has and splitting it and allowing the extra movement from each lame being able to shift a little than one giant plate.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #11 on: Sep 17, 2017, 03:52 AM »
Thanks Kris  ;D

Shoulder plate wise that will be up to Kaiden, but rest assured I'll make sure the other parts are done as advised ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!