Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question-Sintra Construction

• 2 Replies

Zahn Va'roth

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Question-Sintra Construction
« on: May 30, 2022, 07:22 PM »
Hey everyone!
Wanted some input on how some of you construct armor from Sintra.
To me, it seems easiest to glue down all the overlapping Sintra details while it is flat, but in your guys' experience does the glue crack or otherwise get messed up when you heat form it after gluing parts down with super glue? Or is there a type of glue that may work with the flexing? I have no attempted this yet.

Also, are any of you having issues posting in the Armor Concepts thread? I seem to get an error when trying to post.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Question-Sintra Construction
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 02:47 PM »
Can you clarify what you mean by "overlapping"? What style of armor are you building?

If you are talking about trauma plating (a base plate with another, slightly smaller plate mounted on top of it) you are better off shaping the base plates first. Once these are shaped, you can heat the trauma plates to shape on the existing plate. Once they are shaped and sanded to your preference, you can then glue the trauma plate to the existing plate. This is far easier than trying to glue them first. If you glue them first, you will not be able to shape it the way you want and it will cause you problems.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Zahn Va'roth

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Re: Question-Sintra Construction
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 05:24 PM »
You got it!
That was exactly my question, thank you for the input!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!