Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

1st set of Real armour....3d printed?

• 3 Replies
1st set of Real armour....3d printed?
« on: Oct 28, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Hi Guys, so am looking to make my first real set of armour (made foam set when i was younger) and was wondering if anyone had 3d print files for olhd varts templates or at least some sort of armour files

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: 1st set of Real armour....3d printed?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:43 AM »
Thingiverse will get you a ton of decent files for gauntlets and some for weapons, maybe a couple of helmets.

the PDF and templates for the armor can be found here with a ton of help on the legacy style http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73517.0

In my opinion, armor is hard to print due to sizing changes and the need to tweak it multiple times throughout the process of working towards approval. a sheet of sintra will be far more efficient and affordable.

When you get a chance, post some of your concept photos up! I love seeing prototypes!

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:23 PM »
with this info had an idea. what if made some out of foam mats and gained radius ect so then i can modify the models ect

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2018, 08:36 PM »
Working with sintra is just as easy as foam, so by the time you made it of sintra want not have to spend hours and hours sanding and bondoing to get rid of 3d print lines.  I've made foam armor too. Sintra is no more challenging

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!