Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Asyer weapons concepts and wip

• 7 Replies

Asyer

• "If you're good at something, never do it for free
Asyer weapons concepts and wip
« on: Jul 13, 2019, 11:35 AM »
Ok. So first of all, I'm planning on going for brigades, striker division, heavy melee.

My main melee weapon will be a spear.
My inspiration for that has come from the Predator movies.
So it wiil have duel blades, and be collapsible, and I want to motorize that feature. It will have a vibro blade on each end that will be led lit. It will have interlocking blades once closed.
Concept are for the blades:

Secondary melee weapons will be my gauntlet blades and shields.
Concept art for motorizing them.

Wip concept stage:

Now i have to have a blaster pistol, and i just love General Grievous, so that made it easy.
Ordered up my Dt-57.

Major question:
What do i do about the screw hole for the battery lid? The rest i know to fill, but i want to be able to change the batteries. Is it ok to leave that one alone, or...

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Asyer weapons concepts and wip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:15 PM »
I really really dig the shield. Will follow with great interest. Didn't really get how it will work though  :laugh:

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Asyer

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2019, 12:41 AM »
There's a cable that runs from the outside edge of the bottom shield to stepper motor with a pulley. When the pulley turns it pulls the cable. That causes the blades to open. When the stepper motor turns the pulley the other way, the spring pulls the blade back in. Each blade has a peg and slot. The peg moves in the slot till it hits the end and causes the next blade to start opening or closing. It's harder for me to draw or explain that it is for me to show.

Asyer

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Opened up the blaster

Cut up old pill bottles

Filled in muzzle break

So, this guy doesn't like to be opened up. The orange cap on the front is glued on and is impossible to remove. I had to use a model saw to cut 1/2 of the way through the blaster. Icut from top seam to bottom seam and pryed it apart. This made it easier to reassemble once i was done with my modifications.
Here it is reassembled and screw holes filled.

Asyer

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:42 PM »
First coat of primer always makes your flaws stand out. Will have to go back and fix a few holes and some joint lines.
Heres the current pics.

Adding another question or 2 to the list:
Am i being to picky with the lines and holes?
I know i can be a perfectionist at times, so I'm just making sure they need to be fixed. 😄
Are shafts for spears allowed to be made of metal? I see a lot of pvc out there, and need mine to be more rigid than pvc offers. The blades will be made from acrylic.

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2019, 12:11 AM »
Very nice engineering but one question: how quickly will this blade/shield deploy? You want to make sure it doesn't move too quickly for your safety and the safety of those around you at events, especially children.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Asyer

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2019, 07:06 AM »
It would all depend on the motor or servo i use. Slow deployment is fine, so long as it doesn't take forever to deploy. 😂

Asyer

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2019, 10:37 PM »
Went to work with my wife today. She runs a shoe store with a repair shop. (Lots of leather scraps to play with.) I got some work done on my holster. Though i think i may have done it backwards. Oh well. Heres a pic.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!