Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - Post Imp build

• 0 Replies

Ego Solus

• Have Gun, Will Travel
WIP - Post Imp build
« on: Feb 18, 2021, 05:12 PM »
*** Updates at bottom of post ***

Starting a post imp build.  I will soon be submitting my modern era kit for approval, but I couldn't help myself starting a new kit once I got a 3d printer.

Concept:

Colors will be a black flight suit, grey flak vest and sash, armor is flat navy blue and dark grey, or possibly a light grey with some chocolate brown accents.

Helmet:
Not the armor it goes with, just put on the armor for reference

Gun belt:

didnt like the first holster, felt it was too big.  so i made a new one.

Armor:
Various stages of completion.  Some raw prints, some primed, some of the soft parts included.  Still have parts on the printer.

Undercoat of chrome applied to a few parts.  I will use liquid latex to mask edges and sections to allow chrome to shine through as wear marks.

********* UPDATE 5-31-2021 ***************

Re-fire on helmet.  The last one was a bit small and apparently I must have dropped it at some point because I had a reoccurring crack keep showing up on the top.   So I printed a new one.  Also ditched the "beskar" style chest and ab plates and decided to go with more of the Season 1 style plates.

Fiberglass reinforced the inside of the bucket, and XTC-3D applied to outside of helmet, chest, abs, and back plate.  Fiberglass resin applied to shoulders, thigh plates, and vambraces.

Started paint and weathering.  Used a silver undercoat, followed by dark grey and blue combo

Looks really dirty because I know that once I clear coat it, some of the grime will kinda go away.

Clear coat applied.  The clear still needs to be cut and a bit more grime added.

I have been struggling with scaling shins on my printer, so i decided to try and do leather shins. 

**** UPDATE 6/13/2021 ****
More work done on helmet, finishing of armor, etc.  Oh, and made a flak vest out of leather.  Flak vest is wet formed, just waiting for it to fully dry before dying it to match the leg armor and gun belt.

Fiber glassed the inside of the helmet and added padding.

Flak Vest work

Update 12-3-2021

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!