Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

CE-65 Heavy Blaster Pistol (WIP)

• 20 Replies

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
CE-65 Heavy Blaster Pistol (WIP)
« on: Aug 31, 2015, 08:07 PM »
I've been slowly transitioning from plastic to full metal and wood weapons over the years. It's nice when you hand your weapon over to a curious fan and, expecting a plastic weapon, they say "Wow this is heavy!" Plus the weight of metal weapons helps me get into character.

My first metal weapon was a Czerka Arms EH-14. It's still not finished so of course I had to start a new weapon.  :P

I've been working on this beast on and off for several months.

It's a non-firing replica of a Volcanic Repeater. She's 15" and 2.5lbs of awesome. I almost didn't want to mod it.

Her designation comes from the film For a Few Dollars More. In the film Clint Eastwood (CE) uses a Volcanic Repeating Rifle. The film was released in 1965. CE-65.

In keeping with the tried and true formula of Greeblies + Scope + Old weapon= Swarsy I rounded up some parts, glued them on, mounted the scope and called it a day.

Once the parts were secured I hit the entire weapon with 3 coats of Rustoleum Mirror Finish Silver.

Next I used my favorite weapon paint: Rustoluem Textured. This stuff is very cool and when sanded gives the weapon a very nice feel. Plus it picks up weathering like a  champ! 

Next up will be the weathering. I'll start with a light sanding to smooth out the texture a bit and expose some of the silver. Then I'll ad a layer of rust, grime, and a grey wash.

I really like the weapon and I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. But to me it's not very Swarsy at the moment. It's a little too Firefly/Steampunk.

What do you think? Some more greeblies? A barrel modification? Remove/modify the lever? I'm not really sure what direction to go at the moment.

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2015, 08:20 PM by Tyno Krast » Logged

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: CE-65 Heavy Blaster Pistol (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Ooooh. This thing is a beaut!

With your weathering methods, this thing will be a true, lived-in SWarzy gun in no time. Heck, it already looks great unweathered.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2015, 03:49 PM »
It looks good as it is, I'd call it an earlier Westar pistol.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Looking really good my man. Just a side note I'm basing my battle damage off of the same movie, where he's got Tue furnace door under his poncho. Keep up the Good work

Tyno Krast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2015, 10:11 PM »
Thank you for the kind words vode!

Still not convinced this is Swarsy enough but I'm having fun with her so I'll keep going  ;)

Today I worked on some of the scuffing, dry brushing, and the rust layer. I also added a little grime wash to the grip.

Here's a nice close up so you can see the different layers of stuff going on. And check out the texture on the scope. I love that textured paint! It creates a nice....well...texture while at the same time gives rust and grime a nice place to take hold. Great stuff!

(click on the images to enlarge)

The rust is a little too aggressive but should get toned down when I do the grime washes. I'm also going to do some more light sanding to get rid of some of the more obvious brush strokes left behind from the dry brushing.

Avix Dreylestre

• "Cin Vhetin"
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2015, 11:03 PM »
Woah.  :o
This is awesome, vod!

Xzander Kann

• Pew pew
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2015, 11:06 PM »
That's some amazing work

Vinthiz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2015, 02:47 AM »
WOW! you know I've been wanting to modify the exact same gun, and seeing one done make me want to do it even more! looks absolutely amazing! the weathering effect is superb, just an all around amazing build!

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Ra'lu Ger

• Ak'aan Kadala
« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Sick!

Buy'ce WIP

MAJIC: 151
VABS: 14
-John
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Dude, your skill with the rusting is amazing, how do you do it?

Walk the desert long enough, and the desert never leaves you.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2015, 03:03 AM »
I. Am. Moist.

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Wow... Amazing work! I have to agree with the Firefly look. Maybe a slightly modified trigger guard or even a chopped/bobbed guard like many SW guns? Or even a barrel/muzzle  modification.

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2015, 09:25 AM »
That rust looks so good. Great job vod.

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2015, 02:25 PM »
 :o :o  This is Awesome ! !  :o :o

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Tyno Krast

« Reply #14 on: Oct 07, 2015, 02:32 PM »
Thanks vode! I appreciate all of the positive feedback and advice. Haven't been able to work on her much (thanks a lot Darth Real Life!) but should be getting back to her soon. Next up will be the holster. I'll be making it out of leather and the best part is....I have no idea how to make things out of leather. lol

But this is why I love the MMCC! I didn't know how to do any of this stuff until I started building Tyno. Lots of trial and error (lots of error!). So please believe in yourselves and keep building! If I can do it ANYONE can!

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Took the Word Right out of my Mouth ... I couldn't have Said it any Better brother .. ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Tyno Krast

« Reply #16 on: Oct 07, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Took the Word Right out of my Mouth ... I couldn't have Said it any Better brother .. ;)

Great and/or twisted minds think alike  :P

Ashen Kelborn

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din - Family is more than Blood
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 2015, 03:41 PM »
You have all the coolest toys, weathering is epic as usual, so realistic  8)

Tyno Krast

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2015, 12:43 AM »
Thank you vod! Coming from a true master like yourself that means a lot! Thank you!

xslim13x

• Auros Sa'vin
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Tyno, that looks incredible. Hell, incredible is an understatement.

Ashen Kelborn

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din - Family is more than Blood
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2015, 04:23 AM »
Thank you vod! Coming from a true master like yourself that means a lot! Thank you!

Master  :laugh:
Standing next to you I'm a novice with dreams.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!