Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First blaster WIP

• 5 Replies

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
First blaster WIP
« on: Jun 12, 2015, 11:01 AM »
Hello Vods,

Here's where I'm at.

Took an old Nintendo Duck Hunt blaster and added some stuff to it(scope, trigger guard...might add some heat sink to the barrel also).  Basicaly I'm looking for input to have it approved or if its approvable in any way?

I'm planning to painting it flat black with some silver high lights and a leather grip.

Thank you

Re: First blaster WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2015, 12:51 PM »
I have a couple cool heat sinks for ya!  I'll bring them tomorrow...

I'd cut a piece that matches the bottom of the grip and "cap" the bottom of the grip, maybe adding an accent piece, or a spiky pommel (you can never have too any ways to make a weapon useful!!)

Je me demandais si t'allais utiliser ça comme base pour ton blaster!

Maybe you could do up the barrel with a cooling sleeve to it? Maybe with T-tracks to give it some textural definition? It would just be a 2" pipe with a 1" pipe slipped into it.

A demain!!!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2015, 09:56 AM »
Sorry for bringing an old thread back, I'm looking for input on my blaster.  Would it be passable has is? Any comments(good or bad).  Is it still to Nintendo like?

The only thing left to do is the weathering and some minor touch up.

Thanks for the help.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Hmmm.... I still see the Nintendo... Maybe try to change the line of the wedge shape under the barrel. Maybe with windshield wiper clips, or some other greebs to break the shape up a bit.

Love the paint job!

B.o.B.B. #008

NeX

• Merc# 1189 - M.V.S. #033
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2015, 06:32 PM »
Id say your fine, it looks really good  ;D  maybe add a little weathering but if you like how it is then stick with it

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Id say your fine, it looks really good  ;D  maybe add a little weathering but if you like how it is then stick with it

∆∆∆∆

What he said... I had to give you a bit of a hard time....  :P

B.o.B.B. #008

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!