Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dresdon Acacin MK6.3: Destroyer Helmet in Stainless Steel & Bronze

• 214 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Acacin's Metal Hemlat WIP
« Reply #25 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:24 PM »
OK
saeted by hammering out the small part that goes behind the earcape lasers. I hammered it out on a sandbag wrapped in leather and useing a leather wrapped ball-pene hammer, it left no hammer marks. I invented a new technique possibly! =D    I bondo'd that in place, dremeled it to shape then did the sanding on it to smoothehn it out.

I also engraved kill striped and what their or in the back of the helmat for that personalised childish touch ^-^

I also engraved the switch on the left ear cap with my RunesCape clan symbol, the circuit diagram symbol for an LED is the on position, and reguler Diode is off position

I also added a small "camera" part and the 2 arrows engraved at either side

Then I evened out the visor

Back left

Front right

inside pics

ineer back left

inner back right

And here 'ya go KelT-I took some pictures of the pretty lightsh just a'specialy for you :P

this last one;s a video-my computer ios kind'a sloow so it;s not uploaded on youtube yet.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Too much close up pics mate, I would like to see some front, back and both sides in daylight to get a good look.  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:35 PM »
You'll look at my close-ups and like them or you'll get nothhing!!!!@#$%^&*(      :D

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Apart from one or two pics, Your actually showing nothing ! To get a realistic critiqe, ye need to show where the greebs actually go ! Could well be a close up of a bike or a hermaprodites chainsaw !

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2011, 09:40 PM by Kel T Skirata » Logged

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #29 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:39 PM »
(in an exasperated voice)   Fiiiiiiinnnneeeee-i'll take some pictures following the rule of thirds or something tomorrow with my next update...

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:42 PM »
Keep the attitude at bay mate, i dont need to waste my time.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #31 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Sorry :(

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:48 PM »
No worries, We have all been there. Without decent pics we cant help mate ;) From the few pics it looks good though ;)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #33 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Wee tip, I had a crap phone camera. But i took it outside and full framed the pics as best i could.  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #34 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:54 PM »
I'll see what can do.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #35 on: Sep 24, 2011, 10:00 PM »
 ;)

Kazya Rembrea

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
« Reply #36 on: Sep 24, 2011, 10:06 PM »
Have you checked your phone's camera settings to see if you can turn the resolution up? It'll eat up storage space faster but you might at least get a better picture.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #37 on: Sep 24, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I'll get my sister to take the pics-shes better withit than I am.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #38 on: Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 PM »
What i took with my phone cam, In a half decent light 3MP.

These kind of angles help better mate  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #39 on: Sep 25, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Ok, I primed it and took some 360 pics
am I the only1 taht cant get the pics to load?......

and 3 pics just before bond/primeing

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2011, 07:03 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #40 on: Sep 26, 2011, 03:25 AM »
That's better and the bucket look's great, im not feeling the Captain america wing's though or are they from The Flash ?  ;D The only part you might need to work on is when you install the visor it look's a bit warped at the front, im sure it wont be a problem for ye  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #41 on: Sep 26, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Yea, the frnt's a bit round on one side-but at leaste it's more belieavabel that -I- made it :P
and the wing thign is from a Helamt I wear on Runescape for Slaying Kalphites and the likes of such noobs. All the parts that looked gold-ish before primei9ng are masked and will be polished brass then slightly tarnished and laqoured to keep them from turning too green/brown over time.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #42 on: Sep 26, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Looking good vod :)

Id be interested to see it on your head coz it looks like its very long/ high dome? but im not sure might just be camera angel.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #43 on: Sep 26, 2011, 02:33 PM »
Now that ye mention it, it does look a bit high around the dome.

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 26, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Hmm, not a big fan of the wings. But, I do love the helmet! Almost looks like a Captain Barcara. I think he's a cap. I don't remember. Lol, anyway, I love the look of the helmet.

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #45 on: Sep 26, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Hmm, not a big fan of the wings. But, I do love the helmet! Almost looks like a Captain Barcara. I think he's a cap. I don't remember. Lol, anyway, I love the look of the helmet.
Clone Marshal Commander Bacara  ;D jeez, get it right  ;)

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #46 on: Sep 26, 2011, 07:04 PM »
The rear vent may look a lil wierd at 1st, but thats just my "enhanced cooling system" and I did some spot-filler in some places and another coat of filler-primer over those.
Looking good vod :)

Id be interested to see it on your head coz it looks like its very long/ high dome? but im not sure might just be camera angel.
the tiny manequin head makes it look wierd and when it sits flat on my head(+/- 2mm) it's pretty much perfect eyelevel ect.
Clone Marshal Commander Bacara  ;D jeez, get it right  ;)
this is a bit of the look I'm going for

I orignaly ms-painted this quik concept up to show Salvo Mereel what I was talking about

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2011, 07:15 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #47 on: Sep 26, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Looking forward to seeing your paint job bud  ;)

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #48 on: Sep 26, 2011, 07:39 PM »
When it's done,it;s gonna be like "omg-that looks sw33t-urs are so better than my jedi costume, especialy my Kungfu robe-jedi outfit i made the day before halloween last year"

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #49 on: Sep 26, 2011, 07:44 PM »
 ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!