Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit (Custom Heavy Inspired) PIC HEAVY

• 47 Replies

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: First Kit (Custom Heavy Inspired) PIC HEAVY
« Reply #25 on: Jul 14, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Been watching this kit and I love it!  The orange is amazing and good job on the flack vest.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons [url=https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=
« Reply #26 on: Jul 15, 2021, 09:14 AM »
So this is what I plan on making with them. Most of the prep work is done and I should be able to start carving the stock (first time attempting this) this weekend.

I would recommend going online and picking up a wooden Uzi stock. They can be had fairly cheaply, around $20-40 USD), and are widely available. You might have to take a Dremel and a drill to the E-5, but the results should be identical to your concept, with no carving required.

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
  • Awards EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Jul 15, 2021, 02:51 PM »
Armor looks great! Good job  :like:

OM #2630 | BM #394 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP
« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:53 PM »
Time for another quick update.

First up is I am working on my belt and girth belt.

For the belt I am using the holster portion of a Han belt (it needed some serious alterations to fit a westar but I think it came out great in the end.

For the girth belt I decided to give it a go at making it myself. I bought some rope, cut it to size, used an upholstery threat to sew the ropes together every 8 inches, then I applied a layer of e6000 along the back to really help hold it in place. I am still trying to decide if I want to add a little faux leather to those areas where it was sewn/glued. It would be completely for looks if I do.

Next up we have the thigh plates. I made the templates from cardboard, cut out using sintra, then did a quick coat of xtc-3d on them. (Not pictured is that they are almost done in the painting phase and will be ready by the time I do the next update.

I also started the sanding and test fitting of the parts for the blaster and decided to add a vibro bayonet to it as well.

The final part to share is I added some artwork to my right shoulder armor. A massive thank you goes to doodlebethel on IG (lothcatmando) for allowing me to use her awesome art. As for getting the work on the armor this is a new one. I originally planned on just hand painting it on but we got some new equipment in at work and decided to try something new. We used a logojet UV printer to apply the image directly to the armor. The results speak for themselves.

The image is perfect seeing as the backstory is that Kano focuses on hunting ex imperials. I even have a few trophies ready for my belt (after damaging, painting and weathering then up a bit)

Cabur Akaata #233 | Traffic Cones #44 | OM #2682 | Aiwha Riders Clan 

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2021, 03:40 PM »
Awesome!  :like: How'd you come by the medals?

« Reply #30 on: Jul 19, 2021, 04:27 PM »
Awesome!  :like: How'd you come by the medals?

I printed them on my resin printer. The files are by cgs props. I'm not gonna use the clone graduation medal but I will use the clone medal of honor/bravery.

« Reply #31 on: Jul 23, 2021, 08:51 AM »
So todays updates contain 2 parts that I was terrified to do.

First was adding some accent colors to make the armor POP even more and the second was getting it dirty and grimey. Let me know what y'all think so far.

The first part was adding some white accents to a few parts of the armor. I was very nervous because I absolutely loved the way it looked before but was completely blown away with the results.

After that I started black washing parts I considered finished. Again I was blown away by the results.

I am getting closer and closer to completion and might actually be able to finish up the final parts this weekend.

Here is where I stand. (back plate not pictured but is at the primer phase)

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #32 on: Jul 23, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Loving the look! :like:

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Second Son

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Jul 23, 2021, 10:17 AM »
The white highlights and the black wash added an impressive depth to your pieces. The before/after pics really illustrate just how much it improves the look.

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
« Reply #34 on: Jul 23, 2021, 01:24 PM »
That looks awesome!!!!

OM #2630 | BM #394 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #35 on: Jul 23, 2021, 01:27 PM »
That black wash really brought your paint job to the next level  :D  Any tips on techniques/products you used to achieve it?

Per aspera, ad astra

First WIP
« Reply #36 on: Jul 23, 2021, 01:47 PM »
That black wash really brought your paint job to the next level  :D  Any tips on techniques/products you used to achieve it?

I just used the cheap Walmart acrylic black paint for the wash (just painted over the entire thing and dabbed off with a patternless papertowel) and burnt umber and an old toothbrush for some brown speckles. Both were mixed with 1 part paint to 3 parts water.

The overall paintjob was all with Rustoleum brand spray paints. It is the only brand I get consistent results from so far.

« Reply #37 on: Jul 29, 2021, 01:25 PM »
Time for another quick update.

I have finally finished painting and sealing all of my armor. I just have a few parts that I will be getting help lining up this weekend for final attachment.

The updated gauntlet with white looks great next to the orange one.

I also added some faux leather accents to the girth belt.

A quick safety note here. Wear your safety glasses. I had a needle literally explode while sewing and small bits of shrapnel hit all over my face and my eye lids. I was very lucky that I happened to blink at the right moment.

After calming down a bit I got back to sewing and threw together 3 of these pouches and added a brass magnetic button to keep them shut.

I finished the bulk of the work on my blaster. The stock should be ready this weekend.

Last thing as of right now is I just finished printing 3 of the newer thermal detonators to add to my belt. I will be making the plate to attach them from sintra either today or tomorrow.

If things go right I might have a full armored up picture before Sunday.

Fingers crossed.

« Reply #38 on: Aug 12, 2021, 03:21 PM »
Today was a big day. My first full suit up.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #39 on: Aug 13, 2021, 01:03 AM »
Nice job! Everything's beautiful!  :like:

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
« Reply #40 on: Aug 14, 2021, 11:31 PM »
Wow that looks great! Good job vod  :like:

« Reply #41 on: Feb 09, 2022, 10:36 AM »
Well the time has come and I got word this morning that my kit was approved. Thank you to everyone who commented on this build along the way and to everyone who helped me out with advise and encouragement to get this project finished especially my true Vod, Vaas Zhura.

I look forward to learning a lot more as my path continues and going to as many events as possible.

This is the way.

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #42 on: Feb 09, 2022, 02:52 PM »
Congratulations!  :porg2:   It is well earned vod.  Still love that orange.  :cookie:

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vaas Zhura

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2022, 06:32 PM »
Congrats Comrade!!! I'm so happy we got you approved!

For you are rust, And to rust you shall return
OM#1765 
C.C.P.H.H.M.M. #10... Sabes español? únete!!
M.A.C.K #49  
Draluram #14

Drace Olen

• Never Look Back
« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2022, 08:25 AM »
Congrats and welcome!  Nice job on your build!  :porg2:

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2022, 02:56 AM »
Congratulations on your OM status!  That's a great build with a lot of artistic detail in there. 
Just a suggestion I've seen elsewhere - any cape that actually touches the ground is a surefire tripping hazard, as well as getting it caught by other feet that don't know where they are walking.  Be careful out there!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2022, 12:03 PM »
Congratulations, very well done!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2022, 05:52 PM »
Congrats vod!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!