Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Feedback and thoughts about my Blaster Pistol

• 17 Replies

Azrayel

• Jorhaa'i pel. Kyr'amu an'kebise
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
Feedback and thoughts about my Blaster Pistol
« on: Aug 12, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Had a few ideas on a blaster pistol over the past few weeks and finally got going and kinda hard to stop today.. so ive gone from base gun, stripped of all functional firing mechanisms and parts, to... well.. about half complete or so. Realized i should make sure my work, and my design, are all kosher and look good before i get too much further on this. My original idea was a Colt 1861 Navy Revolver.  Im aware that Nerf guns as a base... arent generally all that acceptable, without significant modifications... which at this point i think ive managed. But anyways... heres where i started :

Work after cutting significant forward parts off.. and refitting PVC parts :

And as things sit right at the moment ; all nerf symbology removed, extraneous raised parts shaved off, PVC parts more completely fitted, and decided to remove the trigger guard...  ( some inspirational ideas from Westar - 34 )

Re: Feedback and thoughts about my Blaster Pistol
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2016, 08:53 PM »
I think it looks great! very swarsian. Fill in the bolt holes and paint and I think you have a winner!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Those look great!  Fill screw holes, get a coat of primer on it, and take a couple more pics.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Byron_Grom

• Fortune favors the prepared
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2016, 09:09 PM »
That looks awesome. Very reminiscent of the Westar, but still custom. And a matched pair is even better. Looking foreword to seeing them done.

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2016, 11:30 PM »
Those look really good!

Maybe add a scope to one, I think it'd look really good and make 'em a little bit more individual from each other. ;)

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Azrayel

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2016, 07:33 AM »
Finally got a chance to get something to post here.. had a screwup when gluing the parts together for the barrel on my blaster pistol design.. so had to start over and fabricate a new one.. and decided to streamline a few things on the 2nd barrel... finally got the sanding, bondo, barrel attachment, and primer done. Still have some things i want to do to it.. but now its in primer and is a solid single piece of blaster pistol... i wanted to get it posted up here for thoughts, ideas etc. Ive contemplated the idea of a scope.. but for the time being would rather not try to add that as well. Heres where im at on my Westar inspired blaster pistol...

<EDIT> Decided to work on seeing what extras i may add for the overall look... think i like this setup, and also threw a few pieces together to see what i thought of a small scope on the top... so heres my updated pic of the custom pistol in progress...

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016, 01:22 PM by Azrayel » Logged

Byron_Grom

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2016, 07:36 PM »
If you're doing a pair of them, I wouldn't put a scope on, but if you're just doing a single, I'd say go for it.

Azrayel

« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2016, 07:46 AM »
I decided to try to fabricate a removable scope option... and think ive done pretty well...

Byron_Grom

« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Now that's cool! I actually did something similar with my rifle (I can swap between 3 different barrels). The only concern I would have with this would be wear on your paint job.

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2016, 10:37 AM »
I decided to try to fabricate a removable scope option... and think ive done pretty well...

Very cool idea. I might have to steal this idea when I get to building my blasters. Are the scope rings just a PVC ring (I assume a cut down external coupler) and then another ring that has been cut open glued/screwed to the first ring?

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS

Azrayel

« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Very cool idea. I might have to steal this idea when I get to building my blasters. Are the scope rings just a PVC ring (I assume a cut down external coupler) and then another ring that has been cut open glued/screwed to the first ring?

Yep you hit it on the nose... relatively easy idea.. just be careful not to trim too much out of the gap or it doesnt STAY clipped on... on mine ill probably end up gluing it into place now once i decide what position i want it in... but I had to try the idea

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2016, 05:53 PM »
I am honestly embarrassed that I never thought of doing that.

I have been price shopping actual scope mounts and trying to figure out a design using wood or some pipe strapping from the hardware store... But couplings? Nope! Sure use them as ring details, but a simple extension of that idea has apparently completely gone beyond me. :laugh:

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS

Azrayel

« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Sorry for the delays in posting.. ive been working on this... just keep forgetting to update individual threads for things .. so heres some pics of the progress of my Blaster Pistol...

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2016, 12:33 AM »
Not feeling the red accents.  Fantastic, otherwise.

Azrayel

« Reply #14 on: Sep 30, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Finished a round of weathering today... posting up for thoughts on how it looks so far.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #15 on: Sep 30, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Nice job on the weathering, it looks great.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Kalib Vallogo

• Never get between a Mandalorian and a weapons pack

Azrayel

« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2016, 07:43 AM »
Nice job on the weathering, it looks great.

End results look outstanding!!!! From start to finish this came out looking next to being real. Great Job.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. this was my first try at modding/fabricating a blaster pistol, eventually ill be trying to make a duplicate of this one for a matched pair. Last night i made up a new holster setup for this as well so thought id share that over here as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!